Do you personally know any antivaxxers, essential oilists, or flat earthers?

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I think my batshit crazy SIL might be an antivaxxer, but we don't associate with her really anymore.

I don't know any essential oil people, or flat earthers. I don't think anyway.

What about you guys? If so, what is your experience with them?

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
I work with one, she's always trying to sell essential oils. She gave me a sample bottle to let me see how much better I feel if I use it on my joints every day. I ended up just opening up the little bottle hiding it on a shelf so that my office always smells kind of like root beer and covers up the smell of my dank after-lunch farts.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Friends wife is into the essential oils tries to convince my wife to buy some using her referral code now and again.

Last edited:

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
Which category?

My mom is a trumpkin and she is religious too, so I can somewhat relate.

I just have to ignore all the things she says.
Anti-vaxx, homeopathic, essential oil, trumpkin...
Normally i would just ignore it, but I'm expecting a child, and now it's a real issue. She's convinced my sister to not vaccinated her kid

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Anti-vaxx, homeopathic, essential oil, trumpkin...
Normally i would just ignore it, but I'm expecting a child, and now it's a real issue. She's convinced my sister to not vaccinated her kid

Yeah, that's rough.
My dad acts as the grounding force for her, though.

He's also conservative, but when she starts going off the deep end, it is not uncommon for him to say, "Jan, shut up."

They watch the kids and they've respected my wishes to not teach them political stuff. She lightly talks about God, but eh I'm okay with that.

Reactions: Junkie

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
Yeah, that's rough.
My dad acts as the grounding force for her, though.

He's also conservative, but when she starts going off the deep end, it is not uncommon for him to say, "Jan, shut up."

They watch the kids and they've respected my wishes to not teach them political stuff. She lightly talks about God, but eh I'm okay with that.
Good point, I should have a talk with my father

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
Anti-vaxxers: No.
Essential Oils: No.
Flat Earthers: A few, but they're also the young Earth creationists.

I do work with a couple of people who are heavily into just about every conspiracy theory and discuss them at length. The Apollo missions being done on a soundstage in Hollywood, the Illuminati being behind Kennedy's assassination, the Rothchild's running the world in secret.

Brad Fellowship

There's no off position on the genious switch.
Apr 19, 2011
I somehow ended up in an anti-antivax/oils/MLM facebook group which posts nonsense all the time.

52920347_942126466178307_6557301285777833984_n.jpg

94SupraTT

Banned
Apr 23, 2001
Los Tempe
I think my batshit crazy SIL might be an antivaxxer, but we don't associate with her really anymore.

I don't know any essential oil people, or flat earthers. I don't think anyway.

What about you guys? If so, what is your experience with them?

If I did.. they wouldn't tell me :rofl:

they know I would call them on their bullshit... especially the flat earthers :rofl:

The fact that is a thing is just horrifyingly funny to me... Like I am horrified that this is a thing but at the same time i cant stop laughing my ass off at them :rofl:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Heebler Elf

ill suck you
OT Supporter
May 5, 2018
Not really

But nearly every basic bitch white mom is shilling oils or some other scam on facebook

94SupraTT

Banned
Apr 23, 2001
Los Tempe
I take that back.. my wife was raised an antivaxxer, and she didnt want to vaccinate our kid if and when we have one.. but it wasnt hard to change her mind, she just was never taught what vaccinations do.. and how important they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448