Do you personally know any antivaxxers, essential oilists, or flat earthers?

stonesthrow

Grand puba and dattie, ridin shotty in the maserat
OT Supporter
Jan 4, 2008
I work with a guy who is pretty anti vax, actually he's more "the government can't tell me wtf to do" than he is anti vax, but he's a pretty smart and reasonable dude

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
I use essential oils and magnesium for steam baths but am not an oilist, and I opted not to get a booster vaccine but am by no means antivax.

buttslut

Queen Trumpkin
Sep 13, 2003
V O L
I know anti Covid vaxxers but not anyone that's against all vaccines.
Being against a certain “vaccine” doesn’t make someone an antivaxxer. Labeling someone an antivaxxer is meant to dehumanize someone.

Why do I need to participate in a program that has little to no proven benefit. The crazies thank the jabs after they get what they were trying to inoculate themselves against. It’s madness.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
One of my sisters isn't getting her kid most of her vaccines at the recommended times.

But that's because my sister is allergic to a bunch of stuff and doesn't want to risk a bunch of reactions at once when the baby is really young.
A leading theory supports exposure to a ton of allergens while young to prevent allergies

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Being against a certain “vaccine” doesn’t make someone an antivaxxer. Labeling someone an antivaxxer is meant to dehumanize someone.

Why do I need to participate in a program that has little to no proven benefit. The crazies thank the jabs after they get what they were trying to inoculate themselves against. It’s madness.
You’re shockingly stupid

Reactions: novo

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004

:rofl:

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA

I'm about to clean this bitch UPPPPP son. I've been waiting for this moment my entire life and I didnt even know it until now.

Hold my fucking beer.

my mom:
thinks the democrats are plotting to take over the planet and kill everyone etc etc etc
has been against vaccines for the last 15 years or so, since the fake bullshit study that started the entire narrative
HEAVY anti-covid vax. I'm talking bat shit crazy. She promised me she would help look after a family member I take care of so I could go out of town, and once she found out they were recently boosted, she refused to step in the house while I was gone. I'm talking about watching the kind of content that got banned from Youtube and on all kinds of bullshit email lists and donated money to all these quacks who may not even believe this shit, but know they can just suck money out of crazy fucks. I could type novels about her anti covid vax bullshit
Threatened to stop helping me/her only child in various ways if I got vaccinated (like doing things to earn me travel points, taking me to the airport etc)
Thinks electricity is killing her. Paid THOUSANDS of dollars to have her entire house rewired from some guy hours away because she had "dirty electricity"
replaced all her light bulbs with red light bulbs including in the mother fucking fridge
has a ballin ass stainless microwave...thats permanently unplugged and used as a cabinet, because signals
bought a cable to run a godamn ethernet cable into her mother fucking IPHONE to turn the wifi off it
was going to return her brand new laptop before she knew you could do ethernet>usb c adapter as it doesnt have an ethernet jack
thinks the router is a death box and panics when its turned on and thinks she can feel signals in the air and it prevents her from sleeping
doesnt have a TV because they have wifi chips
turns her cell phone in airplane mode when she listens to podcasts (...?)
only uses speaker phone because signals
won't get a new phone because signals
all home phones are analog phones from the godamn 70s
turns off her phones at night
wore these massive orange safety looking glasses all the time to block out blue light before she got rid of normal lights (so now you cant see SHIT at night time)
leaves circuit breakers off on half of her house, and slept in the basement until my stepdad couldnt do steps, now they sleep in a 10x12 room instead of a massive master bedroom suite (I just told my GF that and she said wait they're sleeping in that tiny closet now?!? :rofl: )
has to go downstairs to flip a circuit breaker every time she wants to use the washer/dryer
uses all kinds of weird bullshit for anything people normally do/products you'd normally use
thinks doctors and the entire medical system dont know anything and are trying to kill everyone
pharmacy companies pay for all doctors med school loans so they'll write everyone scripts for all their drugs
said she and my stepdad will NEVER go to the hospital no matter what, she'd prefer to just die and makes sure everyone will honor her wishes
Her primary "medical" person is a fucking chiropractor quack who hasn't adjusted anyone in decades, maybe ever. Plays doctor and has half of the entire building he's in full of vitamins he tells you to take and sells you. Which she spends probably an average of $5k a year on, just from him.
takes 30-50 different vitamins a day, I'm sure welllll over 100 pills a day
eats the weirdest foods nobody has ever fucking heard of or if you do, my mom was 10-20 years ahead of anyone else and grew/made her own. She doesnt have any regular food anyone would normally eat. People from out of town dont want to come visit because even her attempts at normal food now are fucking wack. She made her own ketchup and we were all looking at each other because it was trash. She used to be a GREAT fucking cook too.
spends probably another $5-$10k a year on vitamins and shit like that, on top of the chiropractor vitamins
loves the shit out of essential oils, spends plenty on them
in fact she has several books bigger than any other text book I've ever seen about essential oils that cost tons of money, and she gave one to my GF as her xmas gift
prints endless bullshit out from the internet and reads them so she doesnt have to look at a screen or be near her laptop
bought some bullshit electric meter to measure wireless signals in the air
doesnt want to buy an EV because electricity

I could probably keep going but I'm tired of typing

Reactions: cASe SenSiTive

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I had a polio shot and I never got polio.
The information you are missing is that you can still be infected by any disease you are vaccinated against. Vaccination does not create a force field that keeps environmental germs away from your body. Pathogens will still have a go at you when they get a chance, but by the power of inoculation you are able to defeat them. Provided your immune system is up to snuff and new mutations are covered by your vax edition.

Chews Wisely

Banned
Apr 23, 2022
I work with a guy who is pretty anti vax, actually he's more "the government can't tell me wtf to do" than he is anti vax, but he's a pretty smart and reasonable dude
I know a guy like that. He's more anti-government than anti vaccine. He quit his job last year because it didn't pay well enough. So I told him about a place that was hiring with a starting wage near $80k. He said no can do, they require vaccinations. :rofl:

Ava G.

OT Supporter
Apr 9, 2021
CO
Yeah, they carefully craft the mythology of a flat earth and the cosmos. If only they spent that creativity and effort writing a fantasy series.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Next door neighbor just posted a big series of IG stories about the harmfulness of EMF.

It culminated in buying “EMF blocking chips”for their phone cases and some other thing on Amazon that protected their house from EMF radiation.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448