Do you personally know any antivaxxers, essential oilists, or flat earthers?

Vilnius

Bruised, battered, and scarred but hard.
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2003
Toronto
Yep, my cousin's wife. She owns a health food store, so there is a financial benefit as well. (to be fair, it could also be the other way around)

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
Used to date a massage therapist who was all about holistic healing and essential oils...I don't know if she was an antivaxxer. Glad I didn't get her knocked up and found out the hard way :o

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
No, but I use essential oils to make my own fragrances that don't give me headaches/nausea. Peppermint and eucalyptus are camphorous so they get snot out, same as vicks. I don't think they are magic or medicine but they can be useful tools from time to time & make things smell pretty good if you're delicate about it.

Some hs friends tried to sell me that stuff but I thought they were kidding when they said what price they were selling at what volume. That was some uneconomical bullshit. I buy bottles 12 oz at a time so I can actually tune a fragrance to my liking. I make a big enough batch to spray on linens, furniture, myself... So a tiny ass bottle of their scam juice will not cut it.

Reactions: Buzz Killington
No, but I use essential oils to make my own fragrances that don't give me headaches/nausea. Peppermint and eucalyptus are camphorous so they get snot out, same as vicks. I don't think they are magic or medicine but they can be useful tools from time to time & make things smell pretty good if you're delicate about it.

Some hs friends tried to sell me that stuff but I thought they were kidding when they said what price they were selling at what volume. That was some uneconomical bullshit. I buy bottles 12 oz at a time so I can actually tune a fragrance to my liking. I make a big enough batch to spray on linens, furniture, myself... So a tiny ass bottle of their scam juice will not cut it.
I have my diffuser running right now

Even the colors are changing

Come at me :o

GlassUser

Flavors Matter
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2003
Pearland, Texas
Not really

But nearly every basic bitch white mom is shilling oils or some other scam on facebook
Eh essential oils are nice. They smell good, and can have some real effect, if from nothing else than you're less stressed when you're smelling something nice instead of your housemate's rank farts. And it can feel nice and tingly on your skin.

That said, you know the old joke... "Q: What do they call alternative medicine that works?"

Reactions: Colleen
I love essential oils because of the smells. I even have a diffuser for the car, and I am starting to make beard oil using them.

However, I do not believe they solve the world's problems.
I think there is actually something to some of them, but there is so much crazy wrapped up in it I'd never try to justify it on OT :o

Reactions: GlassUser and 8legs

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I think there is actually something to some of them, but there is so much crazy wrapped up in it I'd never try to justify it on OT :o
I'm more into herbs. Some of the plants in my garden are the weeds most people struggle to kill. Mallow is amazing for its mucilaginous sap. It's used in skin care and medicine. Wild geranium, fleabane... All weeds but incredibly useful. Mallow and mustard even make a great salad. Sweet extracts from fleabane are used in candy flavors but it's also an excellent astringent and expectorant.

Reactions: Buzz Killington

The Weasel

Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew
OT Supporter
Jul 12, 2006
SoCal
Life is so much better without Facebook. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
It's been over a year and it is great. The only time it comes to mind is when someone brings it up and it's usually drama or politics. Don't miss that shit at all.

Also...

Anti-vaxxers: No.
Essential Oils: No.
Flat Earthers: No.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
It's been over a year and it is great. The only time it comes to mind is when someone brings it up and it's usually drama or politics. Don't miss that shit at all.

Also...

Anti-vaxxers: No.
Essential Oils: No.
Flat Earthers: No.
Don't forget "OMG cutest baby ever!" to a picture of a completely average and unremarkable newborn. :o :o :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448