Do you personally know any antivaxxers, essential oilists, or flat earthers?

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Not personally, I'd never be friends with someone like that, but several friends family members are that way and I get to hear them complaining about it all the time.

Shit like "Because she won't vaccinate our kids can't hang out, can't even invite them to my son's birthday". Super sad shit. :o

NoOneYouKnow

Mar 24, 2016
The house that hate built.
My aunt is crazy and has been into tuning forks and healing crystals and shit like that for as long as I can remember. I haven't seen her in a long ass time thankfully. But she has my grandma taking an absurd amount of supplements and other "natural medicine" and unfortunately she won't listen to anyone else.

GBlansten

OT's Kidney Doc
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Thick Ascending Limb
I run into these kind of barriers to good care for my patients. I present myself as very open to their plans and strongly advocate for whatever it is that I think I need them to do that will help them. No need to be judgmental about their beliefs.

Radicus

Jul 5, 2005
Free State
Neighbor does the whole essential oils thing. Wife tries them out sometimes and likes them. That's not really on the same level as anti-vaxxers right? :rofl:

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
my buddy at work is an anti-vaxxer....and a flat earther.

his wife is 100% on board with not vaccinating the kid, but i think he talks the flat earth shit just for attention and conversation.

and he goes to the chiropractor for EVERYTHING....no matter what the ailment, the chiropractor can fix it....and he's dabbled in oils and homeopathics

Math-E

Oct 11, 2002
Lakeview
I believe vaccinations are a necessary evil, but people should be given a choice, just like we have the choice to have an abortion.

Math-E

Oct 11, 2002
Lakeview
I'm still not convinced the flat Earth thing is anything other than an elaborate troll group that somehow caught on with celebrities and became bigger than others
The evidence is pretty convincing to the average person. Definitely not just trolls. There's scientists who believe this shit

Dr. Charisma

Dec 28, 2003
GA
64BRoct.gif

blackhat

Viva Los Doyers
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Ex-wife and mother for my kids is an anti-vaxxer. I’ll spare you the hell that is my life with trying to get my daughter the care she needs.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I love essential oils, but not to sure cancer lol my husband is type 1 diabetic and cant take most medicine when hes sick because of it. I try and find things to make him feel a tiny bit better like oils, teas, or really anything natural that wont fuck his blood sugar up.

That being said we have someone in our company who is a flat earther:ugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448