Do you personally know any antivaxxers, essential oilists, or flat earthers?

IWRXIT

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
Some of you guys must walk in pretty weird circles.

That's just the thing. I rarely hang out with anyone. I've networked with thousands of people through work and travel, but some end up being weird AF on FB. I just let it ride because I don't talk to many people. Still, there are some weirdos out there.

chrislehr

Feb 20, 2001
wow that is fucking sad
It really is. And I dont know them well enough to know if they had legit exceptions, religous exemptions, or.. maybe the vax just didnt take (it does happen) so I am cautiously optimistic. But losing an 8 mos old? Hell - my wife and i have been together 15 years and we both agreed we might not survive that pain if it was us. I just hope they make it.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
It really is. And I dont know them well enough to know if they had legit exceptions, religous exemptions, or.. maybe the vax just didnt take (it does happen) so I am cautiously optimistic. But losing an 8 mos old? Hell - my wife and i have been together 15 years and we both agreed we might not survive that pain if it was us. I just hope they make it.

:hug:

I thought you found out it was the friends you were talking to that were anti-vax, but I can't imagine losing a baby to something that could have been preventable. :wtc:

I've known a number of friends that have lost children, from birth all the way up to early teens. I don't know how you go on anymore, but people do. They have to. :(

Nov 9, 2005
Some girl I went to high school with was trying to imply that frankincense oiil cured cancer. Like yeah bitch the cure for cancer is a MLM product that $20

The other 1/3 of my high school girls are either rodan and fields independent consultants or in some MLM fitness scheme

the_loper

thas my hammah
Jul 17, 2001
San Antonio/Houston
A friend of mine is into essential oils for aches, pains, stomach problems, colds, etc. And she's also a nurse practitioner that runs a CV ICU.

Plenty of people with medical backgrounds never published or have research experience, thus don't know how to critically evaluate information that seems scientific. People they trust present stuff, and they accept it.

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Plenty of people with medical backgrounds never published or have research experience, thus don't know how to critically evaluate information that seems scientific. People they trust present stuff, and they accept it.

My friend doesn't prescribe eucalyptus for a post op heart transplant patient. She takes ginger when she has an upset stomach and rubs shit on her ankle if it's sore.

RL82

May 13, 2004
New Jersey
about a year ago my sister got really into the anti-vax thing, we had a huge argument and I told her never to bring it up again. I kinda forgot about it actually.

MrBonus

License Plate Baron
Sep 29, 2001
SIL is posting on social media that no one has ever died from Measles despite the Mayo Clinic listing that over 100,000 die from the disease annually worldwide. Her child was not admitted to her chosen prekindergarten due to the lack of vaccination which angered her and she has decided to home school him.

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
I know a couple who didn't vaccinate their twins. They were weird to begin with though.

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
My parents barely made it when my sister passed. I was still a baby and had no idea what was going on, but in more recent years we've talked about it more than ever. She has a bad reaction a day or two after receiving a round of vaccinations. She was just over a year old.

I knew it was hard because their grief was hard on me, too. I just didn't know the adult perspective. It was weird to hear just how difficult it was and all the layers. Her death was far from being the only bad thing that happened at that time, too so the scope of everything on 2 very young parents... I'm shocked they managed to stay together the way they did.

Reactions: chrislehr

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, and now that I have a son I pay close attention to who these idiots are on social media to ensure my kid doesn't have to go to school with them. Luckily, most of them live in the poor sections of town. :scootin:

Reactions: Chuck Finley

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
I don't personally know of any outspoken anti-vaxxers or flat-earthers. If I did, I'd probably cut them out with the quickness.

I do know a few essential oil people, but only one engages in MLM bullshit. I do use oils in a difuser because it makes our bedroom smell nice :o
Girlfriend was into essential oils until we started dating and I told her that shit doesn’t work. Her friend is a huge essential oils user and bible thumper, doesn’t believe in doctors or divorce (her husband is a freak, cheated on her and sells drugs, stalked my gf, doomsday prepper, etc)

They’re whack.

But I still say oregano oil is magical. I’ve experienced it’s wonders on multiple occasions.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
tumblr_pn4t9vBOr21sqgx4t_500.jpg

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
SIL is posting on social media that no one has ever died from Measles despite the Mayo Clinic listing that over 100,000 die from the disease annually worldwide. Her child was not admitted to her chosen prekindergarten due to the lack of vaccination which angered her and she has decided to home school him.
Poor kid :(

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448