SRS Doc says could be type II bi-polar and put me on Zyprexa...anyone else on this?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

He stated that he wants me to try Zyprexa for two weeks and gave me a voucher for the script. I am supposed to take it with my celexa and ambien at night.

So I took it with my ambien last night and slept for 15 hours today. Granted I hardly slept the night before as my father just had cancer surgery so I was at the hospital with him but today I feel like I have a hang over. The hang over from hell.

Anyone else experience this? I will not take the ambien with this tonight. Fuck I just feel like Im in a coma or something. Anyone else experience this?

2. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

They gave me depekote (sp?) and effexor xr

they were horrible

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You really need to be carefull with yourself in this period , you and your family are going thru a very difficult and stressfull time. The brain is a very delicate electro-chemical balanced organ, remember that they are only symptom suppressors, and not problem solvers, i suggest that you work on solving the roots of the problems as best as you can, and only take the neccesary amount of medicine required. Its best you vent in here about all the stuff thats happening with you so you can release some steam from the kettle, so we can give you some support.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

:uh: bipolar disorder isn't something caused by one's own actions. Don't comment on it unless you know something about it.

Anyways, skip the ambien. Stuff is hardcore..

Zyprexa worked great but it made me so tired and so hungry, couldn't sleep or eat enough. Stuff is powerful.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I would recommend you follow your doctors orders to the letter. You should also communicate with him/her the effects you are experiencing, as well as read up on the side effects for all medication you are taking. You can find most details with a simple Google search.

Many medications take days if not weeks to "kick in" and some side effects are very likely in the beginning. Beware stopping medication without talking to your doctor. And while some drugs may be "hardcore" for one person, and may not work at all, they may work VERY well for you. Every person has a slightly different body chemistry, so do NOT take anyone else's advice for something that worked or not for them and think it's the same for you.

Now, if it were an immediate member of your family, such as a brother or sister, then you may want to be more inclined to listen to them as they would have more similar reactions to you.

Bottom line? You will experience side effects, for days or weeks. Do not give up though as they often fade as the drugs start to work and your body becomes more accustomed to the dosage. Some drugs, in fact, don't even have enough dosage to start with and don't actually work. The reason for a low dosage is to avoid other side effects.

For example, Abilify is given in 2mg dosages to start with, working up to 100mg over the course of 5 weeks. If you take the 100mg to start with, you get a horrific rash. So, obviously, doing this one slowly helps you avoid the rash.

Your doctor is a trained medical professional. You should speak with him/her to discuss your side effects. And remember, you may have to try several drugs until you find one that works. My fiance' has gone through at least 6-7 in the past 6 months and only now - and I mean TODAY - has found one that is working well for her.

Good luck, and stick with it. :wavey:

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 Active Member

That would be great if this was event/stress caused depression. But it's not. Bipolar disorder is much more biology related than environment related.

To the OP...maybe try to get the dosage of Ambien reduced a little?

7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Well day 2 and this shit is killing me. I feel like a Zombie. For those that have used this should I keep using it or look for something different.

I slept 16 hours yesterday.

8. mlwald79

mlwald79 8877 TT. YOU ARE MY BITCH OT Supporter

i put on 20 lbs. while taking zyprexa. good luck. i recommend a shit ton of exercise.