SRS doctor won't prescribe benzo's

uptown josh

Jun 30, 2005
I went into the office today with a real bad cough and anxiety issues. He gave me some shit for the cough. But for anxiety he gave me some b.s. antihistamine hydroxyzine which I've tried before but it didn't help my anxiety attacks at all. I told them the truth; what the hell do I need to say to get benzos? Benzos are the only thing that seem to help my anxiety.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Probably he doesn't want to become your drug dealer. What are you anxious about and why? Be honest, even if the reason sounds dumb or immature.

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
he didnt give them to you because you sound like you went in going "hey doc i got this bad *cough hack cough* cough going on *cough....and oh yea i've been anxious and the only things that work are benzos."

which sounds like a drug addict.

Lubaolong

Jun 28, 2010
I went into the office today with a real bad cough and anxiety issues. He gave me some shit for the cough. But for anxiety he gave me some b.s. antihistamine hydroxyzine which I've tried before but it didn't help my anxiety attacks at all. I told them the truth; what the hell do I need to say to get benzos? Benzos are the only thing that seem to help my anxiety.

Avoiding your anxiety through medication will only make things worse in the long run. Benzos work in a similar fashion as alcohol, with the same dependence and addiction. No doctor worth shit is going to let you become a chronic daily benzo user. It would be just like telling you to manage your anxiety by becoming an alcoholic.

djshotglass

May 4, 2007
You might not know it but he did you a big favor. You think your anxiety is bad now? Try benzo withdrawals. You're just going to have to deal with your anxiety like the rest of us. I'd start by examining why you're craving for a controlled substance.

Sooka

Feb 25, 2004
East Coast
Benzo's are addictive narcotics, the last thing you would want is to become a slave to them and experience the hell of withdrawals. Listen to your doctor, if you don't think he is taking your condition as seriously as you'd like then seek a second opinion. But seriously, listen to your doctor, don't go doctor-shopping for a drug you think you need just because your doctor doesn't want to prescribe it to you. If you act like you're seeing the doctor for the purpose of obtaining narcotics then the only doctors who will prescribe you Xanax, Klonopin, or Valium will be the crooked doctors who care only about your money and not your actual health.

Spiritus

Oct 15, 2002
My doctor won't either because he's a good doctor. Benzo's are feces. You don't want to be putting feces in your mouth.

That being said, I have a bottle of hundreds of Klonopin under my bed. It's a lifetime supply encase we get caught up in war and I am forced to hide in the hills with a sniper rifle and defend North America from the Chinese, or if someone is absolutely catonic after the death of a loved one, or other extreme and bizarre situations where there use might be considered slightly acceptable.

To just take a benzo because you feel a little nervous around people or because of a situation? Ridiculous. Take the chance to work on your ineptitude, a pill cannot help in any way improve your personal character.

Spiritus

Oct 15, 2002
You might not know it but he did you a big favor. You think your anxiety is bad now? Try benzo withdrawals. You're just going to have to deal with your anxiety like the rest of us. I'd start by examining why you're craving for a controlled substance.

Tumbles

Oct 30, 2007
San Jose, CA
If it's the kind of thing where a couple times a week you'll have anxiety problems that significantly interfere with your life... benzo use is fine.

But if it's day to day problems that's a terrible road to go down and he did you a favor.

BrianFantana

Jun 9, 2007

this is where you're in the wrong. You're seeking drugs, not a fix to your problems. Why do you think benzos are a magical cure all?

MattThom01

Jan 2, 2006
try a psychiatrist...but he/she will probably want you to come in for therapy too. but that would be a good thing. Better to confront/learn to manage your anxiety instead of only using meds to manage it.

elduderino323

Banned
Oct 24, 2007
Chicago, IL
get a new doctor. dont agree to let him talk to the old doctor.

tell them how bad it is, when they suggest shit, say... ive tried that one it didnt work. when they eventually get to xannax say never tried it. when they suggest a mg tell them higher.

im only telling you this because i took the long hard route of pain over years waiting in between monthy visits before finally getting prescribed xannax and having nothing else work. and honestly i think every other pill made the anxiety worse.

ive been taking them for a year now. i go as long as i can until i cant take it anymore then stick a half a one under my tongue, then if it gets worse a whole one or just a whole one fore sleep.

am i addicted? i can go days without... but its like asking a cancer patient if they are addicted to thier anti cancer pills or whatever.

Spiritus

Oct 15, 2002
shallremainnameless said:
get a new doctor. dont agree to let him talk to the old doctor.

tell them how bad it is, when they suggest shit, say... ive tried that one it didnt work. when they eventually get to xannax say never tried it. when they suggest a mg tell them higher.

There is some retarded advice on this forum that often comes from the sick themselves.

Of course if you go to enough doctors you will get the prescription you want. That is the behavior of a drug addict and why they are wisely creating registries for this type of thing. With that type of behavior you could easily end up getting flagged and unable to get a decent pain meditation when you are suffering from an injury at work for example.

If your doctor didn't give you benzodiazapines it's because he took his 10 years of medical school, evaluated you and determined you are just like one of the hundreds and thousands of other people out there that could deal with the problem without the drug, so he sent you on your way.

Perhaps I'm not getting through to you here.

- I took the pills for years. -

I have practical experience in the matter.

Trust me, if they were any decent solution at all then I would be their biggest fan.

They are no solution at all. If you possess one atom of intelligence in your entire brain then you will wake up with regret one day of how you approached the problem and you would have wished for your time back.

Get creative and think of ways to address your problem. If you take your stupid pill it will make you stupid, numb down any reactive nerves in your body and make you a complete mess that only gets worse over time.

These are your lives, stop trying to screw them up. You have brains, use them...

TS
TS

uptown josh

Jun 30, 2005
I feel as if I legitimately need some type of benzo for anxiety. It's not an every day issue but I do have panic attacks on occasion. In the past i have been prescribed ativan and kolonopin. I hate xanax they make me fall asleep.

MattThom01

Jan 2, 2006
so schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist to see about dealing with the anxiety issues, A psychiatrist is going to be more familiar with these types of things than a general family doctor.

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
I feel as if I legitimately need some type of benzo for anxiety. It's not an every day issue but I do have panic attacks on occasion. In the past i have been prescribed ativan and kolonopin. I hate xanax they make me fall asleep.

Maybe about once or twice a year I get so wound up I literally can't wind down.

I think it is stress. It is like, I have been constantly stressed for 6 weeks and then *blamm* the car gets hit, I get a traffic ticket, whatever and my biological system for dealing with stress becomes overloaded and I simply cannot calm down.

I find that in these situations a Xanax will bring me the fuck down.

I keep a bottle of Xanax around just for this.

I have had it happen at least twice when I noticed the Xanax had expired. I toss them, go to my doctor and ask for another bottle.

Most important though, when I have one of my episodes - and they don't happen all that often, as soon as possible I schedule an appointment with my shrink.

----

This is what it is like when you are NOT addicted to a sedative.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Spiritus, every now and then you say something that makes perfect sense to me and I completely agree with. This is one of those times.

You don't need drugs. You need to deal with whatever the hell is the hidden reflex that's making you panic. There's something that your life has trained you to be extremely worried about, and when your brain detects certain patterns of events it freaks out without your conscious involvement.

The brain is not the unified organ people think it is. Every neural pathway serves its own function, and they all act independently of each other unless you put in a conscious effort to understand what they're doing and bring them under your conscious control. That's what you need to do. Drugs will not help you in the long term.

TS
TS

uptown josh

Jun 30, 2005
Well actually I'm trying to find a job and the interview process gets me extremely anxious/ semi panic attack mode. I just need to get my life in order, need to find a job and I think short term they may do that for me. But I do understand that I don't need drugs, and I know the dangers of benzo use.

TS
TS

uptown josh

Jun 30, 2005
They might prescribe you Lexapro :bowrofl:

man tried celexa and prozac for anxiety/depression they made me feel strange and didn't do too much for my anxiety or depression. Yeah the first then he mentioned when I said anxiety was celexa ;( I just don't want to have a panic attack during a job interview....... I'll be sweating and shit

phoenix1105

OT Supporter
Feb 22, 2005
Benzo's are addictive narcotics, the last thing you would want is to become a slave to them and experience the hell of withdrawals. .

Not quite.... Benzos are addictive, but they aren't narcotics. They have a lot in common, but they are different. Just an FYI

elduderino323

Banned
Oct 24, 2007
Chicago, IL
There is some retarded advice on this forum that often comes from the sick themselves.

Of course if you go to enough doctors you will get the prescription you want. That is the behavior of a drug addict and why they are wisely creating registries for this type of thing. With that type of behavior you could easily end up getting flagged and unable to get a decent pain meditation when you are suffering from an injury at work for example.

If your doctor didn't give you benzodiazapines it's because he took his 10 years of medical school, evaluated you and determined you are just like one of the hundreds and thousands of other people out there that could deal with the problem without the drug, so he sent you on your way.

Perhaps I'm not getting through to you here.

- I took the pills for years. -

I have practical experience in the matter.

Trust me, if they were any decent solution at all then I would be their biggest fan.

They are no solution at all. If you possess one atom of intelligence in your entire brain then you will wake up with regret one day of how you approached the problem and you would have wished for your time back.

Get creative and think of ways to address your problem. If you take your stupid pill it will make you stupid, numb down any reactive nerves in your body and make you a complete mess that only gets worse over time.

These are your lives, stop trying to screw them up. You have brains, use them...
spiritus doesnt live in the real world.

yes the doctor went to school for 10 years or whatever, but i was first prescribed 4 different pills after having only talked to the doctor for under 5 minutes and telling her everything was fine. the doctors dont give a shit about you. after telling them how bad the meds she prescibed made me feel, she doubled the dosage. then i felt twice as bad.

after about a year i switched doctors would go in monthly and tell him my prescription wasnt working... and then i got put on xannax and it makes life bearable in those horrible situations.

the only person that knows what is going on inside your head is you. i dont see how a doctor would have any idea whats wrong.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Well actually I'm trying to find a job and the interview process gets me extremely anxious/ semi panic attack mode. I just need to get my life in order, need to find a job and I think short term they may do that for me. But I do understand that I don't need drugs, and I know the dangers of benzo use.
What this tells me is you think you need to lie to get a job, and you're scared you won't lie well enough and the interviewer will realize you're "actually" a worthless fuckup. Otherwise, why would you be nervous? If you tell the truth in a job interview, and you're genuinely motivated and want to get the job, but you don't get hired, then most likely the interviewer determined you're not a good fit and you'd probably perform poorly if you had been hired. Better to make it clear who you really are so when you do get hired you won't have to lie continuously for years in order to maintain the illusion that you were a good choice.

Lubaolong

Jun 28, 2010
I stopped reading there. You do not know what you're talking about. :ugh:

:rolleyes:

The legal definition internationally is any substance that appears on the Schedules of the Convention. Benzo's are schedule III & IV, thus they are narcotics by definition. In the Canada and the US, narcotic usually means cocaine or opioids. Medically, it is really an almost completely useless term.

TS
TS

uptown josh

Jun 30, 2005
What this tells me is you think you need to lie to get a job, and you're scared you won't lie well enough and the interviewer will realize you're "actually" a worthless fuckup. Otherwise, why would you be nervous? If you tell the truth in a job interview, and you're genuinely motivated and want to get the job, but you don't get hired, then most likely the interviewer determined you're not a good fit and you'd probably perform poorly if you had been hired. Better to make it clear who you really are so when you do get hired you won't have to lie continuously for years in order to maintain the illusion that you were a good choice.

How was I implying that :hsugh:? All I said is i get really nervous during interviews and would like to have something to calm me down.

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
go see a psychiatrist/psychologist. they will help you with long term dealing and will be better at telling you what you need/dont need for pills than a family doctor will.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan