TECH Does anyone know the latest way to get rid of the Windows Genuine/Validation garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
It's popped up on my parents laptop--I remember back in the day I found a site that had me do all this registry editing and file deleting and it worked great.

But now I can't find it and the pop-ups and system tray icon and desktop picture is starting to piss my parents off.

So, is there any way to currently remove the Windows Genuine Validation/Your system may be a victim of counterfeiting bullshit?

We got the system tray icon, slow Windows start up, and on the desktop (which we can't switch) it says You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.

Any help would be appreciated guys <3

Thanks so much.

Love,
FINALBOSS's parents

Hate Crime

Don't Hate
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Minnesota
It's popped up on my parents laptop--I remember back in the day I found a site that had me do all this registry editing and file deleting and it worked great.

But now I can't find it and the pop-ups and system tray icon and desktop picture is starting to piss my parents off.

So, is there any way to currently remove the Windows Genuine Validation/Your system may be a victim of counterfeiting bullshit?

We got the system tray icon, slow Windows start up, and on the desktop (which we can't switch) it says You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.

Any help would be appreciated guys <3

Thanks so much.

Love,
FINALBOSS's parents
Usually just reentering your product key fixes it.

Frequency

Dec 30, 2004
PA
Key cause of this problem is having a non-legit version of windows.
Recommended solution is to enter a valid windows key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448