TECH does anyone use appleTV?

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
www.boxee.tv

put it on a flash, load it on, totally sweet

i want an apple tv, but i have a modded original xbox and a media center pc. no need really. i would buy one in a heart beat if it included dvr functionality

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm running the latest appletv software with boxxee and it works great. You can sync your computer with appletv using itunes, so you can watch downloaded content on it all youd like

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
I'm running the latest appletv software with boxxee and it works great. You can sync your computer with appletv using itunes, so you can watch downloaded content on it all youd like

guess I was wrong. My brother has an AppleTV that he bought for cheap at our local swapmeet, new in box. gonna see if he still has it, I'll hook it up to our tv.

TS
TS
The1Ash10

The1Ash10

Oct 10, 2002
ATX

how is the quality? Do you download movies to the AppleTV or do you steam it over the air from your computer?

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
how is the quality? Do you download movies to the AppleTV or do you steam it over the air from your computer?

I sync my library from my laptop to my ATV. The quality is great depending on the quality. Youtube doesn't look the best, but it's a youtube video on a large screen, so it's not ATV's issue. I've purchased and rented movies from the iTunes Store as well, which is awesome as well.

TS
TS
The1Ash10

The1Ash10

Oct 10, 2002
ATX
I sync my library from my laptop to my ATV. The quality is great depending on the quality. Youtube doesn't look the best, but it's a youtube video on a large screen, so it's not ATV's issue. I've purchased and rented movies from the iTunes Store as well, which is awesome as well.

Well I don't see myself renting/buying movies from iTunes, but I would like to watch the massive amounts of movies I have on my HDD.

e.pie

Dec 3, 2004
KFLY
I've been wanting to get an apple tv for a while now :hs:

read that boxee site and it is a lot easier to load custom software now than it used to be

pulled the trigger on a 40gb after reading it was pretty pointless to get the 160gb if you're just going to stream media :o

hooray no more having to hook the laptop up to the tv to watch movies :wiggle:

TS
TS
The1Ash10

The1Ash10

Oct 10, 2002
ATX
I've been wanting to get an apple tv for a while now :hs:

read that boxee site and it is a lot easier to load custom software now than it used to be

pulled the trigger on a 40gb after reading it was pretty pointless to get the 160gb if you're just going to stream media :o

hooray no more having to hook the laptop up to the tv to watch movies :wiggle:

how is the quality with streamed movies?

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
boxee is so easy to install. you just have to format a flash drive and load the software onto it with a special program. then unplug your apple tv and plug in the flash drive. plug it back in and it will load it up. after that, pull out the flash and your ready to go. obviously you should do an update within boxee

e.pie

Dec 3, 2004
KFLY
boxee is so easy to install. you just have to format a flash drive and load the software onto it with a special program. then unplug your apple tv and plug in the flash drive. plug it back in and it will load it up. after that, pull out the flash and your ready to go. obviously you should do an update within boxee

yeah I was reading the instructions for it, that was what made me decide to finally pull the trigger on one, I've been looking at them for a while but modding them was too involved the last time I looked at it (opening the case and stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan