Does cheating make you a bad person?

mollywhop

๐Ÿค™ Dick was moist as fuck ๐Ÿค™
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
This is a random question but I was discussing with a buddy and want to get some other opinions. Define what makes someone a good or bad person in whatever way you choose and qualify your answer any way you wish, but try to answer the question directly: does cheating on a significant other put you past the point of redemption or are there circumstances where you are not automatically a bad person?

Im not exactly sure what my final answer is yet

FBI-SS

drink more water
OT Supporter
Dec 21, 2004
While cheating is selfish. Is it really โ€œbadโ€

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
yes

there's lots of gray area but i think it all lands you solidly in the shitty column

Reactions: mollywhop

FBI-SS

drink more water
OT Supporter
Dec 21, 2004
Thatโ€™s the question

and obviously there are a million circumstances to consider so it may not even be a question you can answer in general terms
I would say itโ€™s wrong but bad idk.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
It means you did something pretty bad. One bad action doesn't make you a bad person, but that's a pretty big one. It definitely means some relationships can't be saved.

TS
TS
mollywhop

mollywhop

๐Ÿค™ Dick was moist as fuck ๐Ÿค™
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Why does it matter if it makes you a good or bad person? Would finding the answer to that question make you happier?

No, it does not make you a bad person overall forever. It makes you a human being.
Idk it doesnโ€™t really this is just a random hypothetical. Part of what makes it an interesting question to me are how many variables that could be considered in the answer and how life experiences of people answering the question would play into it as well

Reactions: Cicada

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Ah, you mean sexually.

If you're dating and there's no agreement, no cheating.
If you're engaged or married, there's an agreement. So It would be cheating.

However, if you stumbled early in the relationship, it may be cheating, but keep it to yourself.
As my wife once said, early in our relationship - don't think you're doing me a favor by telling me
you were fucking someone else. (It makes you feel honest and puts a lot of the burden on her).

Reactions: mollywhop
Yes but the same way that killing someone is bad.

Did they call your mother a whore and threaten to gut your children or were they innocent?

In the same way an abused/neglected spouse is, in my view, not as "guilty" as someone who was not. It doesn't take them out of the column, it just shifts their position.

FBI-SS

drink more water
OT Supporter
Dec 21, 2004
It means that youโ€™re willing to hurt your partner to whatever extent they will be hurt, so it makes you a kinda bad person a little bit I think
If they never know, will it hurt them?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright ยฉ 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec