FIT does how fast you eat matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
the slower you eat, take your time chewing, allowing saliva to begin the breakdown process, the more efficient your GI tract can be at digesting your food

Frank Zane talks about this in some of his books...big chunks of food crammed down military style are harder for the body to fully absorb compared to the liquid mash you create with intense chewing

athan

Also, as a fat man who has cut his calorie intake from 3000+ per day to less than 1500 most days I can attest to the fact that eating small meals slowly allows the body time to realize you aren't hungry. I combine this with the 5-7 small meals per day routine and I'm getting pretty good results so far.

Uglybob69

I miss beer.
Sep 17, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
people who cram down food tend to overeat because the "full" feeling takes a while to hit you.

I used to just sit down and polish off an entire large pizza then realize when i burped and beer and pizza were coming up that I was actually full

fuck I miss that

TS
TS
TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare

OT Supporter
yea, i remember hearing about difficulties the body has with larger chunks of food, but having portioned meals throughout the day make me feel like i just need to eat and run. i'll try to slow down.

:rofl: having oat bran/oatmeal 3 times a day doesn't help with the slow eating

ccrooks

Oct 26, 2003
south bay, southern cali
i usually eat pretty slowly for breakfast and speed up as the day goes on for some reason

i think it's because during breakfast, i'm usually reading while i eat or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan