LOVE Doggo Crew: Senior dog joint/pain supplements?

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
My 11.5 year old American Bulldog is having a tough time getting up stairs these days :hs:

She will still walk almost daily with me around the neighborhood, but Iโ€™ve noticed a big difference in her ability to get up quickly after sleeping and the aforementioned stairs issues. I think she is in pain- is there an OT recommended combo for joint pain and health?

Pic of the old gal :love:
99a36cf1da6082a4917b83bbf0c75043.jpg

Reactions: Cicada

Stealthy_C

my Vespa rocks.. ฬ”ฬ•ฬšฬ•ฬš า‰ า‰ฬตฬžฬŸฬ ฬ–ฬ—ฬ˜ฬ™ฬœฬฬžฬŸฬ อ‡ฬŠฬ‹ฬŒฬฬŽ ฬฬฬ‘ฬ’
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
Is She getting up slowly to prevent herself from maybe slipping on the tile/wood stairs?

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
That stuff worked great for my dog when I started seeing similar, I also changed her diet to Blue Buffalo Senior for the last few years.

TS
TS
lawnboy

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
Is She getting up slowly to prevent herself from maybe slipping on the tile/wood stairs?

No, this was all a pretty rapid change all within the past 2 months unfortunately- Before that, she had energy ALL the time and we'd regularly walk 2 miles at a time. She had cancer surgery earlier this summer and i noticed her joints starting to go downhill shortly after

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
You could try a sling too, or a towel under your dog's stomach that you hold the ends of to give them more support as they go upstairs. Try searching "HNYG 30-120 lbs Dog Lift Harness Sling" on Amazon, not sure why I'm having such a hard time getting the link to paste directly

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
Costco has a doggo joint support thing we give our dogs. My older one (13) has stopped pooping outside, which is annoying. Just craps off the edge of the dog bed where he spends most of his time. :sad2:

Reactions: Cicada
TS
TS
lawnboy

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
I should have linked you to this as well.

Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Pet - Fish Oil Liquid for Cats and Dogs, Omega-3s, EPA and DHA Supports Skin, Coat, Joint and Overall Health, in Triglyceride Form for Optimal Absorption

Actually already have something similar for when she gets seasonal skin allergies in the spring. I'll start adding it daily now.

Reactions: Formz

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright ยฉ 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor