ART doing some engagement shots today

TS
TS
White Stormy

White Stormy

Take that, subspace!
Sep 17, 2002
Sparkopolis
well, they're terrible. ignoring composition, I still screwed up technically a few times because I wasn't really thinking about it. I had told them we'd need a few hours.. we get there and I find out she has to be somewhere else in like 1 hour. felt rushed the whole time.

no PP except white balance and resize.. I won't do anything else but crop a few and maybe try 1 or 2 in b&w

DPP_0001.JPG

DPP_0002.JPG

DPP_0003.JPG

DPP_0004.JPG

DPP_0005.JPG

DPP_0006.JPG

DPP_0007.JPG

DPP_0008.JPG

DPP_0009.JPG

DPP_0010.JPG

DPP_0012.JPG

DPP_0013.JPG

xenon supra

OT Supporter
Feb 3, 2005
San Diego, CA
here's some comments, just my opinion and what I'd do to make it better next time. :wiggle:

DPP_0001.JPG

the shadows make this one a little weird but overall i like it

DPP_0002.JPG

they are too far away, it looks really awkward and he needs to take his hands out of his pocket

DPP_0003.JPG

they are squinting big time, if its really bright out, try to find a covered shade spot

DPP_0004.JPG

i like the idea, I'd like to see a more shallow DOF

DPP_0005.JPG

arms are extremely awkward

DPP_0006.JPG

their feet shouldn't be cut off, and maybe leave empty space the direction they are facing
DPP_0007.JPG

prob my favorite shot

DPP_0008.JPG

good

DPP_0009.JPG

better arm placement here, i like it

DPP_0010.JPG

the feet cut off bothers me again, i'd crop some of the empty space on the left out
DPP_0012.JPG

wtf arms?

DPP_0013.JPG

good, maybe crop a bit tighter? cut off some of top and some of the right side.

again, just my opinion, but i hope it helps :bigok:

1992 240SX

Jan 10, 2004
Long Beach, CA
Theyre not THAT bad, some are too soft but I'm sure they'll end up liking them and that's what matters (to them). At long focal lengths watch your shutter speed: remember, the longer it is, the harder it is to hold it steady

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D
Image Date: 2008:11:01 17:29:26
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 122.0mm
CCD Width: 3.08mm
Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: -0.33
White Balance: Auto
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

alexromo

Jul 10, 2005
Wahiawa
Theyre not THAT bad, some are too soft but I'm sure they'll end up liking them and that's what matters (to them). At long focal lengths watch your shutter speed: remember, the longer it is, the harder it is to hold it steady

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D
Image Date: 2008:11:01 17:29:26
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 122.0mm
CCD Width: 3.08mm
Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: -0.33
White Balance: Auto
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
seriously, why he didnt drop the F stop and bump up the shutter speed is beyond me

he couldve easily shot some in iso 100 :squint:

TS
TS
White Stormy

White Stormy

Take that, subspace!
Sep 17, 2002
Sparkopolis
I think a better lighting set up could have helped the shots, but they're pretty good. what were you using for lighting?

580ex on camera in manual. the flash was recycling very slowly, though, and I missed a lot of shots.. I couldn't figure out why. when I got home I took the batteries out and found out that apparently either my brother or sister took my rechargeable batteries and put in crappy ones.

I should have taken them out to charge even if they didn't need, and then I would have noticed.

TS
TS
White Stormy

White Stormy

Take that, subspace!
Sep 17, 2002
Sparkopolis
here's some comments, just my opinion and what I'd do to make it better next time. :wiggle:

again, just my opinion, but i hope it helps :bigok:

on the wtf arms pic, she was trying to show off the ring a bit. and yeah I kept telling them when posing them to do what felt natural and comfortable, but a lot of them still look very awkward.

the shot where he's down on one knee, I couldn't figure out later what I didn't like about it, but it is definitely the DOF. when I got the idea for that I was much further away shooting at almost 200mm.. after I posed em I was closer and went to 70mm.. didn't even think about it. 4ft dof changed to 20ft. :doh:

xenon supra

OT Supporter
Feb 3, 2005
San Diego, CA
on the wtf arms pic, she was trying to show off the ring a bit. and yeah I kept telling them when posing them to do what felt natural and comfortable, but a lot of them still look very awkward.

the shot where he's down on one knee, I couldn't figure out later what I didn't like about it, but it is definitely the DOF. when I got the idea for that I was much further away shooting at almost 200mm.. after I posed em I was closer and went to 70mm.. didn't even think about it. 4ft dof changed to 20ft. :doh:

:bigok: its ok, next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan