Doorbell cameras?

cooly

OT Supporter
Jan 23, 2006
Looks like best buy is doing some bf deals and I'm sure others are. What do you recommend? Is there a way to get around the subscription thing to review saved videos and whatnot? :dunno:

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Looks like best buy is doing some bf deals and I'm sure others are. What do you recommend? Is there a way to get around the subscription thing to review saved videos and whatnot? :dunno:

if you don't want to deal with subscriptions, you'll need your own storage setup...SD card or some type of NVR.

Reactions: cooly

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Wyze camera

One time purchase no subscription needed

Give it a try for $26 bucks before you go drop $200 and commit to pay $10 a month forever on one of the ring/nest cams.

.chris

William Taylor was a brisk young sailor
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
Ring 3 plus here. Have had no issues outside of the AWS outage yesterday.

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004

i'd use synology surveillance station as the NVR.

Last edited:
Reactions: deesee22

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
nest hello is good if you want constant recording, however the notifications are about 15 seconds delayed and their service dies for a couple hours each month

Mr. Kitty Litter

Feelin’ generous?
Jun 3, 2004
The Metaverse
I have Ring cameras and the security system, with a subscription.

I like it.

If you don't want to deal with all that, you'll need to run your own cables and set up a NVR with ample storage.

Reactions: daviid

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001
Wyze camera

One time purchase no subscription needed

Give it a try for $26 bucks before you go drop $200 and commit to pay $10 a month forever on one of the ring/nest cams.

I have one preordered. Everything they make camera-wise is awesome. Their WyzeCam v3 looks awesome.

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
I have Ring cameras and the security system, with a subscription.

I like it.

If you don't want to deal with all that, you'll need to run your own cables and set up a NVR with ample storage.

you should be able to use existing wires that are at the doorbell. no need to run new unless you buy a poe ready doorbell.

headrec

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2006
Ogden, Utah
I have the ring and like it for the most part. Leaves some things to be desired.

Just be aware you're potentially buying into an ecosystem of sorts. Ring vs Google vs Personal setup.

I bought a ecobee thermostat that had alexa and it lead me to the ring. I've been happy with it but might have preferred the google setup if I were to go back :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman