TECH Downsides to Virgin Mobile?

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
My wife lost her phone, but we're 3 months away from the end of our contract with Verizon, so I'm thinking of paying the ~$70 early termination fee and going somewhere else.

Virgin has a plan for $25, 250 minutes with unlimited data and text. This is way cheaper than any of the other providers, almost too good to be true.

Aside from limited phone selection (but we're liking the LG Optimus V), what are the downsides?

oakie

yo ninja.
Nov 20, 2001
SoDo
downside: they're owned by Sprint and piggyback on Sprint's network. i got horrible reception wherever ive gone when i had Sprint, constantly dropping calls, failed calls, and texts delayed by up to a day. and then there's their customer service.

TS
TS

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
I was aware of that, but I use a blackberry on the sprint network, I haven't had any problems in my area. Otherwise, I wouldn't even consider it.

oakie

yo ninja.
Nov 20, 2001
SoDo
I was aware of that, but I use a blackberry on the sprint network, I haven't had any problems in my area. Otherwise, I wouldn't even consider it.

too bad you didnt list that under things you already know about them so i wouldnt have wasted my time.

vgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Kentucky
Virgin phones are locked down somewhat, but most common features are available. They do have at least one Droid handset, but it probably isn't cutting edge. Besides, that, the $25 plan on VM is probably the best deal for phones, especially because of data, aside from SERO or other obscure plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor