TECH Droid 3 keeps re-starting/power-cycling

Kansas

Rise and destroy.
Dec 26, 2001
Los Angeles
Had it for less than a month and it began doing that shit after the first week.

I asked for a replacement and Verizon sent me a refurbished one.

I switched to that one and it kept doing that same bullshit.

I switched back to my old since it seems that it doesn't really matter.

In between all this, I've erased my old SD card from my former phone (Droid), Factory Reset the Droid 3 about 5 times now and re-installed my apps directly from the Android Marketplace.

Nothing seems to work.

I checked Google and it seems I'm not the only one going through these issues.

Can anyone offer any insight or help, maybe a fix?

TS
TS
Kansas

Kansas

Rise and destroy.
Dec 26, 2001
Los Angeles
I found a fix on my own.

I did a factory reset on the phone.

During the installation process, it asks you to sign in with your Google account and proceeds to ask you if you want to download your previous apps, settings, etc.

I had been okay with that, but after all the fail I been through, I decided to try something different.

So, I did NOT download all the previous data and just went with simply connecting it to my Goggle account (and saving future data to that account).

Since then, the phone has been working perfectly.

Labster

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Pittsburgh
I found a fix on my own.

I did a factory reset on the phone.

During the installation process, it asks you to sign in with your Google account and proceeds to ask you if you want to download your previous apps, settings, etc.

I had been okay with that, but after all the fail I been through, I decided to try something different.

So, I did NOT download all the previous data and just went with simply connecting it to my Goggle account (and saving future data to that account).

Since then, the phone has been working perfectly.

Probably was a software conflict with some app you've downloaded in the past. Happens a lot more than you'd think honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448