ART dry boxes - tell me about em

Divided Sky

Sep 24, 2002
USA
nothing fancy, just a plastic one with desiccants. do all of you use em? is fungus hit or miss or will all lenses be subject to it after a period of time? is all of your gear stored in one at all times?

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
yeah, all my shit is among like 3-4 rooms throughout my house -_- i lose shit ALL the time.

i have a packet or two of the silica gel beads in my camera bag, though. I just reuse whatever comes with whatever else electronics i buy, and replace them whenever i can :rofl:

TS
TS
Divided Sky

Divided Sky

Sep 24, 2002
USA
i thought i was safe keeping all of my gear in my bag (non-airtight non-waterproofed) with silica in each pocket of the bag, but my developing guy told me the silica bags are useless unless your gear is in an airtight container

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
i thought i was safe keeping all of my gear in my bag (non-airtight non-waterproofed) with silica in each pocket of the bag, but my developing guy told me the silica bags are useless unless your gear is in an airtight container

So why do manufacturers even bother to put them in their boxes for their products?

TS
TS
Divided Sky

Divided Sky

Sep 24, 2002
USA
well, this makes me feel better about not storing my lenses during a wet season in the tropics for a year. i guess ill start though... next pay check.

xenon supra

OT Supporter
Feb 3, 2005
San Diego, CA
Some crappy iPhone pics of my storage closet.

8zebb.jpg

QX7L8.jpg

fgAO7.jpg

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
I have a weather sealed sever cabinet I keep everything stored in.... when I actually put my stuff away :hs:

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
It stays mostly in a carry bag and little plastic boxes to hole random shit like batteries etc. Never use the proper lens cases :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan