Dual display, video will play on monitor but not TV.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SHIFT_blue, Feb 1, 2007.

1. SHIFT_blue

SHIFT_blue OT Supporter

Ok so I have my TV and monitor hooked to my vid card. Its setup so that when I have the TV attached I can drag stuff to it.

Usually when I watch an anime I can drag the media player over to the tv and fullscreen it to watch it on the TV. But this one particular anime I just downloaded will only play on the computer monitor. When I drag it over to the TV its just black while the sound continues to play.

Anyone have any idea whats going on? I just spent like 3 days downloading this series and I refuse to watch it on my crappy monitor.

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

When you stop (not pause) the playback and then play, what happens?
    I've had something like this happen on some of my videos when I drag the player from one monitor to the other, usually when the playback hit a keyframe the video shows up again.

3. SHIFT_blue

SHIFT_blue OT Supporter

It seems I have to set my TV as the primary for it to work. It will only play on the primary display.

4. Supergeek

Supergeek New Member

I've been dealing with playing video on my dual monitor setup the last few days. Certain resolutions wouldn't work for me.

Any way, it sounds like you might need to make one small change to get yours to work. In the Nvidia control panel, there's an option for "Full Screen Video" somewhere. Depending on your version, and if you're using the newer versions, the location of that option may be in different places. But you want to make it so that it's not just playing in your primary application. There should be an option to enable it on your secondary screen, as full screen video.

If you're using ATI or something else like Intel, I have no idea.