CAR Ducati Owners

bmwmon

Feb 18, 2004
orlando, FL
Will I be able to ride Japanese bikes again? I have a 2008 1098 and I might sell it if I can make money on this transaction. My only problem is if I do sell it I want to get something not as expensive. The transition to the Duc was weird, but I love it now and am wondering if I can go back to the 4-cyl.

btw bike has 12k miles now, looks immaculate, what would you say its worth? Only mods are termis, race ecu, and some carbon fiber.

darkjedi

Muay Thai expert
Dec 29, 2003
had 600rr, duc749, gxr750, 09 hayabusa, duc848..

Nothing like the Duc.. just not the same with the japs.

Mangina

Sep 18, 2006
Canada City
Explain...

Jap bikes are just so plain.

They're all pretty ugly, and they all sound exactly the same.

Nothing against jap bikes, I've owned a few and they're great. But you really can't go back without feeling like you've downgraded to a Toyota Camry.

Ep

Nothing against jap bikes, I've owned a few and they're great. But you really can't go back without feeling like you've downgraded to a Toyota Camry.

what about the triumph daytona 675? i think it's the best looking sport bike out there (besides a ducati) and they've won sport bike of the year numerous times.

TS
TS
bmwmon

bmwmon

Feb 18, 2004
orlando, FL
what about the triumph daytona 675? i think it's the best looking sport bike out there (besides a ducati) and they've won sport bike of the year numerous times.

Beautiful bike but i cant go from a 1k down. And still for the price i would rather keep the 1098.

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
Beautiful bike but i cant go from a 1k down. And still for the price i would rather keep the 1098.

Why not? Unless you're riding that thing near the limit you wont hardly notice the difference going to the 675 or 750. You'd have practically the same performance, less weight to toss around the corners, and cheaper insurance to boot. :cool:

mild83

Oct 12, 2008
Why not? Unless you're riding that thing near the limit you wont hardly notice the difference going to the 675 or 750. You'd have practically the same performance, less weight to toss around the corners, and cheaper insurance to boot. :cool:

For the most part I agree, but there is still a pretty substantial diff in a straight line. Just sayin'.

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
For the most part I agree, but there is still a pretty substantial diff in a straight line. Just sayin'.

True, if you're idea of a good time is doing 180 down the interstate, then i can see categorically refusing anything smaller than a liter.

TS
TS
bmwmon

bmwmon

Feb 18, 2004
orlando, FL

I definitely don't hit the limits of the 1098. But I got on my buddys zx6r and felt too underpowered.

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
I definitely don't hit the limits of the 1098. But I got on my buddys zx6r and felt too underpowered.

Ya, they say the triples in the triumphs have much more mid range than the i4s though. Like the mid range of a twin with the top end of the i4. I haven't ridden one but its on my short list for next year's bike. The new 750 weights the same as the 600 but with 20 more hp, so thats gotta be fun to ride as well.

Mangina

Sep 18, 2006
Canada City

Sometimes its nice not having to rev to 10K to make enough power.

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin

If you're buying a bike for it's "straight line" capabilities, then I can't in good conscious give you any more advice.

But if you think that you can't "downgrade" to a smaller, more flickable bike, then keep the Duc and your Dainese gear, while sipping on double mocha cappuccinos with your pinky in the air at the local bike night. Jap bikes are made for the tracks, not to be some status symbol in a parking lot. Just sayin'.

TS
TS
bmwmon

bmwmon

Feb 18, 2004
orlando, FL
If you're buying a bike for it's "straight line" capabilities, then I can't in good conscious give you any more advice.

But if you think that you can't "downgrade" to a smaller, more flickable bike, then keep the Duc and your Dainese gear, while sipping on double mocha cappuccinos with your pinky in the air at the local bike night. Jap bikes are made for the tracks, not to be some status symbol in a parking lot. Just sayin'.

:ugh: No one ever said Ducatis are better than japs. Its different riding. V-twin vs I-4. Nothing to do with which is better or status symbols. Don't be a douche.

Little fact the Ducatis have done great on the track

Mangina

Sep 18, 2006
Canada City

Obvious troll is obvious.

Pobedonstev

Punch Machine
Oct 3, 2006
weston, south florida

what are your laptimes at popular tracks?

droopz

Feb 23, 2005
NT Australia
I'm looking and moving on from a duc as well. Only on monster now and looking for a SS bike. Unfortuanlty all the ducs are a little small for me I think. The 848 is passable but I wish it was a fraction taller.

Not keen on jap stuff myself except maybe a busa, but itsa shitty hoolagin bike really. Looking for a Ktm rc8 to sit on now since they are said to be a good bike for tall riders...

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005

Triumph is British, not Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448