Sf4qmgu.png

MH1YLdE.png

KuwRU6X.png

xXuDXTz.png

7HAV9ZD.png

7NGtviQ.png

:rofl:

zSxkpGR.png
Damn, that guy seems even worse off. I at least have a job and a wife with a job (we take home $70k/yr combined now with my raise last week).

We have no issue covering bills even with the cars, we just have no extra money or real savings to speak of.

Tupac

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
SoCal
My last Uber driver just leased a 60k Tesla and plays video games and supports a wife and child. Maybe you can finance a Tesla model s and drive Uber Lux and make quick bucks
#dundalksfinest

Why would he do that? He isn't a loser like that, he has a WFH job. :scootin:

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
yeah man think how good your wife would look in a 103k mile Mercedes C300
If you’re going to be a respected financial advisor, you need to show your clients that you have made it and are independently wealthy. No car does this better than a Mercedes C300

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
My last Uber driver just leased a 60k Tesla and plays video games and supports a wife and child. Maybe you can finance a Tesla model s and drive Uber Lux and make quick bucks
#dundalksfinest
God damn. I had an Uber driver pick me up in a Model 3 a few weeks ago and she rented it from Enterprise due to the gas savings.

She said she was paying $400 a week to rent it and apparently they rent out a lot of Teslas to lyft and uber drivers. Shit sucks... probably two days to just break even on the rental.

calisteph6

May 5, 2005
KRAPROOM
List up the Equinox on turo today for $5/day cheaper than the cheapest equivalent vehicle you can find. You'll get a bunch of good reviews because you need to get your ratings up

once you have a couple of reviews going, raise your rate a bit. Learn how to use ONR and wash the car in between renters and vacuum it out too.

You scoff at $8096/yr but it'll help unfuck the mistake you made in buying it plus you can use it as a second vehicle while it's not being rented out.

@iPost is borderline retarded and makes a living off turo rentals. I'm sure with our help you could figure it out too.
I dunno ipost will do literally anything to save a buck and avoid working. He would never drive to LA for the weekend when gas is $6 a gallon and go to a $30 museum. Dusty isn’t on his level. His idea of a vacation would be going to a park and sharing a McDouble with his wife and kid.

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
I dunno ipost will do literally anything to save a buck and avoid working. He would never drive to LA for the weekend when gas is $6 a gallon and go to a $30 museum. Dusty isn’t on his level. His idea of a vacation would be going to a park and sharing a McDouble with his wife and kid.
This. Really wish we could have iPost back. He was silver spoon kid but he still hustled his ass off. I remember that dumpling restaurant story and for cheap eats he would get tacos from chipotle and load them up with free fillings.

I get he could be annoying and that frugality was awkward AF IRL but he still deserves respect for that sheer discipline to be a frugal mother fucker and hustle on all those gig jobs he did.

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
This. Really wish we could have iPost back. He was silver spoon kid but he still hustled his ass off. I remember that dumpling restaurant story and for cheap eats he would get tacos from chipotle and load them up with free fillings.

I get he could be annoying and that frugality was awkward AF IRL but he still deserves respect for that sheer discipline to be a frugal mother fucker and hustle on all those gig jobs he did.
he was also a toxic shithead, so there's that

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
God damn. I had an Uber driver pick me up in a Model 3 a few weeks ago and she rented it from Enterprise due to the gas savings.

She said she was paying $400 a week to rent it and apparently they rent out a lot of Teslas to lyft and uber drivers. Shit sucks... probably two days to just break even on the rental.
yeah but then everything else is mostly profit (some expense for charging). that ain't terrible

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004

He would venmo his wife and kid for 33.3% of the cost each

Last edited:
Reactions: couchlock

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ

It isn't discipline it's over the line of socially unacceptable cheap loser shit.

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
Nobody pointed out to Dusty that he can pretty much get his maintenance deducated on the turo (or a sizable %) so that his taxed on the 8000 is lower?

Separately it seems nobody has seen where rates are at lately. If dusty buys another car he’s going to end up with a way higher interest rate this time around. Run through - get positive on the car over 2 years even and make a decision then. If turo covers the cost of it or mitigates it, should be a win for him, No point in selling right now. And in 2 years he should be near a low on the equinox bottom anyway.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza