Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
$600 in savings

Spent $200 on weekend in LA looking at stupid cars

Still hasn’t paid the $400 NV registration fee for his car.

Used a credit card because it’s “easier”. No one really knows what this means
I think it was the cc in comparison to cash, which would be harder to track

I guess

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
I get that you need to take a jaunt every once in a while and living a joyless existence is imo more damaging to the kid than being broke (being broke often leads to stress and joyless existence, stress is toxic, eliminate stress by having emergency money and a stable home)

But to spend so much of your savings the first month you actually have savings is very aggravating. Especially on something so dumb. Please don’t make this a habit dude

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
I get that you need to take a jaunt every once in a while and living a joyless existence is imo more damaging to the kid than being broke (being broke often leads to stress and joyless existence, stress is toxic, eliminate stress by having emergency money and a stable home)

But to spend so much of your savings the first month you actually have savings is very aggravating. Especially on something so dumb. Please don’t make this a habit dude
He did this purely for himself and his desire to see the museum

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
@Dusty Busterson I'm really disappointed :hs:

Are you all talk or what? You tell people you're ready to make a change and start being more responsible. Then you do something ridiculous like this? You can say "it's only $200", but that's $200 you don't have to spend right now. That's a day and a half of your income, and 50% of your savings. You are in denial of how poor you really are. Unless you like being a martyr and showing off how dire your situation is online, or something.

As someone who faced extreme poverty before and fought and clawed my way out of financial ruin, and sacrificed so much so I could provide for my daughter when there wasn't a whole lot to go around at the time...honestly this is fucking offensive that you were so reckless to drag your goddamn daughter in a car for 8 hours to go look at something as fucking stupid as a car museum. In what way is your life better now that you have gone to this museum? You took some dumb pictures. Way to go. I'm glad it brought you joy for the 45 minutes you walked around. But someone said it before...what happens when your daughter wants to do activities with her friends, and you can't afford it? You're LITERALLY taking joy and opportunities away from YOUR CHILD because you are a SELFISH BASTARD.

And you'll say "a $200 trip won't keep her from doing activities." Maybe not. But this will:
- a $200 trip
- a weed budget
- 8 streaming services
- financing 2 new iphones
- that ridiculous equinox
- car wash membership

Honestly...the fuck is wrong with you?

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
@Dusty Busterson I'm really disappointed :hs:

Are you all talk or what? You tell people you're ready to make a change and start being more responsible. Then you do something ridiculous like this? You can say "it's only $200", but that's $200 you don't have to spend right now. That's a day and a half of your income, and 50% of your savings. You are in denial of how poor you really are. Unless you like being a martyr and showing off how dire your situation is online, or something.

As someone who faced extreme poverty before and fought and clawed my way out of financial ruin, and sacrificed so much so I could provide for my daughter when there wasn't a whole lot to go around at the time...honestly this is fucking offensive that you were so reckless to drag your goddamn daughter in a car for 8 hours to go look at something as fucking stupid as a car museum. In what way is your life better now that you have gone to this museum? You took some dumb pictures. Way to go. I'm glad it brought you joy for the 45 minutes you walked around. But someone said it before...what happens when your daughter wants to do activities with her friends, and you can't afford it? You're LITERALLY taking joy and opportunities away from YOUR CHILD because you are a SELFISH BASTARD.

And you'll say "a $200 trip won't keep her from doing activities." Maybe not. But this will:
- a $200 trip
- a weed budget
- 8 streaming services
- financing 2 new iphones
- that ridiculous equinox
- car wash membership

Honestly...the fuck is wrong with you?
We all went to LA and did more than the one museum. It was a family day trip for Labor Day, everyone wanted to go.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Also, I talked with my friend who is a partner in a CPA firm and said "hey I know someone whose wife got an accounting degree, from a not-so-reputable school. Not a CPA, just an online accounting degree. Would that be someone in high demand still in your industry?" And she said absolutely, they are looking for anyone who could help, and having an accounting background for sure would look good. Even if it's from Capella. Their tax clients are getting 3, 4, 5 notices from IRS about non-payment, or forms that need to be completed, or whatever else. Even though that has already been sent via certified mail months ago. But IRS can't keep up so they just keep sending notices out, and the tax firms have to handle each one, regardless of it's been done already. So they desperately need help to do all the "normal" stuff since the IRS notices are taking up so much of their time.

But no, don't have your wife get a job at a CPA firm or anything. Keep having her be a call center phone jockey.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
what were the terms again?

He claims a $18,xxx purchase price here

Reactions: 10dementianal

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007

He claims a $18,xxx purchase price here

If 18k is true unlike the screenshot provided in the first post of this thread, it would be closer to $5 a day.

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007
I would stick with the screenshot honestly, if the Car was listed at 18k, 22k seems logical for a loan amount with TTL rolled in.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza