Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Also, I talked with my friend who is a partner in a CPA firm and said "hey I know someone whose wife got an accounting degree, from a not-so-reputable school. Not a CPA, just an online accounting degree. Would that be someone in high demand still in your industry?" And she said absolutely, they are looking for anyone who could help, and having an accounting background for sure would look good. Even if it's from Capella. Their tax clients are getting 3, 4, 5 notices from IRS about non-payment, or forms that need to be completed, or whatever else. Even though that has already been sent via certified mail months ago. But IRS can't keep up so they just keep sending notices out, and the tax firms have to handle each one, regardless of it's been done already. So they desperately need help to do all the "normal" stuff since the IRS notices are taking up so much of their time.

But no, don't have your wife get a job at a CPA firm or anything. Keep having her be a call center phone jockey.
A degree doesn't issue you a job, it doesn't guarantee you a job and it doesn't extend you a job. She's been married to this 0 aspirations idiot for 9 years and honestly sounds just as dumb if not dumber- it's an extreme sign of her character if nothing else. Any idiot can bumble thru school if they want to do it, but she probably interviews like a waterlogged pile of bamboo so honestly a call center or h&r block in a Walmart as a temp employee during tax season is the likely glass ceiling for her breadwinning role in the household.

This dudes life goal is to be an absolute loser with no grasp of personal responsibility for his own actions that will ultimately result in at least one more child due to their exceptionally inept nature and living off of parental handouts and government dole until his parents die and he runs thur whatever inheritance he has in under a calendar year.

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007
His payment is 435 and his term is 72 months
435 per month X 72 months = $31,320 total loan value

but that is not his loan balance though, correct? that is theoretically his total payments over the life of the loan with interest included if he went full term. You can correct me but I have not purchased a new/used car since 2016 so my memory is fuzzy.

regardless

Annual rate / 360 = per diem interest rate

per diem payment is (Annual Rate/360)/100 * Loan balance

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
A degree doesn't issue you a job, it doesn't guarantee you a job and it doesn't extend you a job. She's been married to this 0 aspirations idiot for 9 years and honestly sounds just as dumb if not dumber- it's an extreme sign of her character if nothing else. Any idiot can bumble thru school if they want to do it, but she probably interviews like a waterlogged pile of bamboo so honestly a call center or h&r block in a Walmart as a temp employee during tax season is the likely glass ceiling for her breadwinning role in the household.

This dudes life goal is to be an absolute loser with no grasp of personal responsibility for his own actions that will ultimately result in at least one more child due to their exceptionally inept nature and living off of parental handouts and government dole until his parents die and he runs thur whatever inheritance he has in under a calendar year.
giphy (1).gif

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
financing a shitty $2090 warranty that's only accepted at the shittiest shops nearby at 10.16% interest :bowrofl:
Never bought from carvana or any of these millennial no haggle used conglomerates but if it's anything like CarMax it's only valid at carvana. You are at the mercy of whatever line cook they have back there rotating tires and swapping alternators

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Never bought from carvana or any of these millennial no haggle used conglomerates but if it's anything like CarMax it's only valid at carvana. You are at the mercy of whatever line cook they have back there rotating tires and swapping alternators
No it's valid at shops near you as carvana doesn't service shit themselves like CarMax does

But the shops they partner with are garbage because the warranty pays bottom dollar

• Haha
Reactions: sp00n155

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
His payment is 435 and his term is 72 months
435 per month X 72 months = $31,320 total loan value
Weird, that's more than what it would cost to send his daughter to college. Which he determined was impossible because of the college system alone, and definitely not because Dusty is financially illiterate, has zero self awareness, and refuses to do anything to improve his daughter's financial situation. I can't imagine having that much disdain for a young child, especially my own young child.

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
He appears like a respectable human outside of financial decisions though. I'm not sure how someone could have such a Blindspot.

Is it really that surprising? Most americans don’t actually understand compound interest hence the lack of usage on 401k. And don’t even get me started on more (relatively just less understood) complex finance programs such as employee stock plans. People who make six figures, usually multiple, that I had to coach through our ESPP. They’d buy in to the program but only half because they knew it would be profitable - in this one case it was guaranteed pricing 15% less than market value. So it if you should upon vesting immediately you really couldn’t lose - it was basically free money. I had to convince multiple peopel to go all in (and all of them had the money to support the 6 month gap in paying vs vesting).

So I don’t know about you but the blind spot is common and it’s people of all income levels.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Also, I talked with my friend who is a partner in a CPA firm and said "hey I know someone whose wife got an accounting degree, from a not-so-reputable school. Not a CPA, just an online accounting degree. Would that be someone in high demand still in your industry?" And she said absolutely, they are looking for anyone who could help, and having an accounting background for sure would look good. Even if it's from Capella. Their tax clients are getting 3, 4, 5 notices from IRS about non-payment, or forms that need to be completed, or whatever else. Even though that has already been sent via certified mail months ago. But IRS can't keep up so they just keep sending notices out, and the tax firms have to handle each one, regardless of it's been done already. So they desperately need help to do all the "normal" stuff since the IRS notices are taking up so much of their time.

But no, don't have your wife get a job at a CPA firm or anything. Keep having her be a call center phone jockey.
She’s been applying for accounting jobs here, no callbacks. Sure doesn’t seem like they’re “desperate for people”.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza