Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Nah more like seven months to a year, not paid off completely, but enough where we won’t be upside down.
Unless you are planning on paying literally $1200 a month extra every single month for 10 months straight, which by the way you cannot, you will not be anywhere near positive equity on that vehicle.

That $400 whatever payment you have is $356 in interest and $44 in principal right now.

Why am I explaining this he doesn't understand and never will

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Unless you are planning on paying literally $1200 a month extra every single month for 10 months straight, which by the way you cannot, you will not be anywhere near positive equity on that vehicle.

That $400 whatever payment you have is $356 in interest and $44 in principal right now.

Why am I explaining this he doesn't understand and never will
interest is good right?

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Wife is hoping to get an actual second job in the mornings at Starbucks with an interview tomorrow morning. Pays $15/hr @ 20 hrs a week. Money will mostly be going towards paying down the Chevy to be able to get positive equity out of it and just sell it back to Carvana and be done with it.

That will put us at $97k a year before taxes combined or about $75k take home. $45k of that is going towards these damn cars.

Y’all are right, we’d be able to comfortably afford a special day out without having bought the Chevy Equinox. And if we can actually stick to saving money.
You need a Mandingo size cockslap to the face to bring you back to reality. Even without the equinox, you were in poverty, and even that “nice day out” would not be something you could “comfortably afford.” You are not 1 Chevy equinox away from being financially stable and secure.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
You need a Mandingo size cockslap to the face to bring you back to reality. Even without the equinox, you were in poverty, and even that “nice day out” would not be something you could “comfortably afford.” You are not 1 Chevy equinox away from being financially stable and secure.
Yeah but he needs that second vehicle because he can't afford to tip the weed delivery guy for his $250 orders

May 8, 2001
Colorado
The only suggestion to help him get out from under that piece of shit, has been Turo. Everyone else is just repeatedly shitting on his stupid decision to buy the vehicle in the first place, which has been well established. :rofl:

Nearly 90 pages, lol.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I have a hard time believing there’s positive equity on his Equinox
No plan is to save up whatever the amount negative is ($10k or so) and trade it in in a year or so, using that to cover the difference between what it’s worth and how much we owe.

The car is worth about $13k according to KBB. The principal amount is $22k. Then we wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore.

• Clown
Reactions: Tupac

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
No plan is to save up whatever the amount negative is ($10k or so) and trade it in in a year or so, using that to cover the difference between what it’s worth and how much we owe.

The car is worth about $13k according to KBB. The principal amount is $22k. Then we wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore.
No I mean i have a hard time believing it because this is a troll thread

Reactions: Tupac

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Watch, their “marriage” probably wasn’t legal because they forgot to pay some filing fee at the courthouse. So his illegal wife is driving their illegal car in a country she is not legally permitted to be in.
I actually know someone that this happened to. He still takes care of her and her kids and has no kids with her and allegedly she has a man that lives with her in the house that he rented for HER in his name. :rofl:

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007

So you're going to forgo any kind of emergency fund or savings account to drop all of your money into paying off a car that you shouldn't have bought in the first place based entirely off of what it's worth today and factoring what you owe on it today, not what it will be worth in a year from now. Do you even read this thread? So many people have tried to help you...
Looking forward to seeing where you go on your next day trip in a week though!

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ

Saving 10k in 10 months by taking trips to museums?

Reactions: Paul Revere

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002

do you honestly believe you can save $10k in a year or so? Didn't you save like $300 last month only to dump $175 of it on a day trip?

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Saved $675 last month. Spent ~$175 so that’s $525.

So if we can earn more money with second jobs, focus on saving instead of paying off the cars asap?
675 - 175 is $500. Not $525.

You honestly should consider just giving the car back, or repo’ing it. Yes it will damage your credit, but it’s not like you’re on the verge of buying a house anytime soon. I would call whoever your lienholder is and ask them if you can turn in the keys and get on a payment plan to repay the negative equity. Whatever cost that is would be partially offset by not having to carry auto insurance. Not to mention your car keeps depreciating over time. Get out from under it now while value is still near its peak. And if your lienholder says they won’t allow you to turn the keys in, then just stop paying on it and wait for them to come scoop it up.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Repossession is honestly a better move, especially since it only negatively impacts your credit and not hers as well.

Plus not having credit will be a deterrent for you getting any other vehicles or a credit card you can't be trusted with.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LandenStein