Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
What's sad is that if he went to CarMax they'd have actually inspected the car, shopped his rates with other banks and shown him the rates from each, given him 30 full days to realize it was a mistake and sold him a cheaper warranty that they actually stand behind

True. But I still think as stupid as it is it’s a recoverable mistake. The bigger question is what is he real budget these days. Still looks like a shit show in the original post.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
If I was dusty I would

1. Cancel the warranty
2. Rent it out on turo
3. Have OT fix the multiple grammatical and formatting errors on his wife's resume so that she has a shot at a real job
4. Cancel the rest of his subscriptions to really hammer home to his financially illiterate accountant degree wife that buying a second car after selling their original second car was a fucking mistake
5. Look for a better paying job himself, even if it means actually doing work

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
If I was dusty I would

1. Cancel the warranty
2. Rent it out on turo
3. Have OT fix the multiple grammatical and formatting errors on his wife's resume so that she has a shot at a real job
4. Cancel the rest of his subscriptions to really hammer home to his financially illiterate accountant degree wife that buying a second car after selling their original second car was a fucking mistake

He still has all those subscriptions?

• Haha
Reactions: Tupac

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
i dont really agree with the "remove all joy from your life" doomers in here. poor people especially need some time to unwind, and he's got a wife and child

$20 a month for a few services wont destroy him, he's got much bigger fish to fry

Reactions: Paul Revere

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
If I was dusty I would

1. Cancel the warranty
2. Rent it out on turo
💯

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
i dont really agree with the "remove all joy from your life" doomers in here. poor people especially need some time to unwind, and he's got a wife and child

$20 a month for a few services wont destroy him, he's got much bigger fish to fry
You're right. Everyone deserves some entertainment in their down time

Sign your wife up for OT dusty, I'll buy her a sub

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal

if he cancels everything, i'll download whatever his high ass wants to watch and give him access to my plex server

how much TV can a pothead possibly watch?

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
ib "My wife found navigating your Plex server too difficult so we signed a 12mo contract for cable tv for $120/mo"
"we're not really free Plex people -- we signed up for the 4K netflix plan for $20/month -- but NFLX doesn't have everything, so we also got Amazon Prime, Hulu, Peacock, Disney+, CNN+, HBO Max, Acorn+, BET+, Apple TV, Boomerang, Crunchyroll, Epix, ESPN+, Fubo, Noggin, Showtime, Starz, Tubi, YT Premium, YT TV, UFC Fight Pass...

Please help me budget, im drowning"

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
I came to this thread at like 75 pages wasn’t going to ready al lthe backstory even though curious but I just remember seeing the million streaming services and thinking wtf is somebody that tight on income spending so much on streaming for. The extended warranty makes sense I just couldn’t get the difference but thats an expensive ass warranty - my wife’s pilot warranty was that much which I skipped and it was a $45k car.

All that said if the $95k income is accurate (seems off to me but I haven’t checked math) I’d have to agree it’s better to pay the damn thing down by getting his budget under control. He has the income level to do it. If he can’t do it, then I don’t really see what bankruptcy does. I hope the car at least Thad no miles on it and gives him time to ge toto from under it.
The $95 isn’t accurate. That’s including her 2nd job at Starbucks that she hasn’t even started yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026