Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
guys the Petersen wasn't good enough -- we've decided to take a family trip to Italy to see the Ferrari factory in-person. I put it all on the credit card because it was easier
If you buy a new ferrari, you get a tour of the factory for free.

So obviously we did that to save on the cost of the trip.

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007
"we're not really free Plex people -- we signed up for the 4K netflix plan for $20/month -- but NFLX doesn't have everything, so we also got Amazon Prime, Hulu, Peacock, Disney+, CNN+, HBO Max, Acorn+, BET+, Apple TV, Boomerang, Crunchyroll, Epix, ESPN+, Fubo, Noggin, Showtime, Starz, Tubi, YT Premium, YT TV, UFC Fight Pass...

Please help me budget, im drowning"

spend less on candles

• Haha
Reactions: Tupac

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
I agree in a way but also disagree that the car is going to depreciate much more. It's a shitbox suv but it seats seven and is decently reliable, it'll stay above 10k for a while.

Dusty and his wife will DEFINITELY blow that money and if he's got bad credit its only a matter of time before his wife convinces him that they really need/deserve a second car and they buy something shittier for more interest paid. I work with some of the most financially illiterate people in society (think regularly signing for 36% interest loans with expensive origination fees) and you really can't reason with this kind of mentality.

They've dug their Equinox grave. Don't let them dig it deeper into a repo and trust them not to keep digging.
Yeah but what happens when they keep the equinox, keep the VW, and then Dusty adds a 3rd “fun car” to the stable?

• Haha
Reactions: Tupac

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
OT thinks the guy who needed a thread to tell him he shouldn't have 43 streaming subscriptions and two car wash memberships when they have $133 to their name is going to somehow figure out how to pay down a $20k car note to get out from it

If he gets rid of it, they'll find themselves in the same spot before they clicked buy on it and make the same choice again
My favorite was the multi page office chair thread where everyone told him not to get a POS gaming chair and he got a POS gaming chair

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
My favorite was the multi page office chair thread where everyone told him not to get a POS gaming chair and he got a POS gaming chair
nope

the best is the multi page thread aboot how ITS HIS DREAM TO LIVE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF COLORADO

only to move to farmland an hour away from the fucking mountains

and then moving away in under a year, cuz it was TOO OUTDOORSY

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
The $95 isn’t accurate. That’s including her 2nd job at Starbucks that she hasn’t even started yet.

Well thats at Starbucks I know it’s $15 but looking at the net on page one he is making $80k give or take. Overall seems like a lot to cut:

1) Insurance is $4200 a year. I know Nevada has high insurance (alcohol laws) and his credit sucks so whammy. But that seems like a lot for two shit boxes. Has he tried shoppping around?
2) Rent - $1,680 - 2 bedroom? Or really nice 1 bedroom? Quick search found plenty of 1 bedroom’s for $1340 or so. Seems like an easy way to save money.
3) Streaming was covered and no need to make him a pauper but looks like he can save $75-$80 or so by going down to 1 service at at a time. With his budget just rotate services.

Toe be honest the rest of his budget seems good - food. I’d be shopping insurance left and right as that is a big one. And when lease is up downgrading

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Well thats at Starbucks I know it’s $15 but looking at the net on page one he is making $80k give or take. Overall seems like a lot to cut:

1) Insurance is $4200 a year. I know Nevada has high insurance (alcohol laws) and his credit sucks so whammy. But that seems like a lot for two shit boxes. Has he tried shoppping around?
2) Rent - $1,680 - 2 bedroom? Or really nice 1 bedroom? Quick search found plenty of 1 bedroom’s for $1340 or so. Seems like an easy way to save money.
3) Streaming was covered and no need to make him a pauper but looks like he can save $75-$80 or so by going down to 1 service at at a time. With his budget just rotate services.

Toe be honest the rest of his budget seems good - food. I’d be shopping insurance left and right as that is a big one. And when lease is up downgrading
nv.cps will love the 1br

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
Just get as many credit cards as you possibly can in yours and your wife's and your kids name and live the American dream.

He might do it. Who knows courts might even find you liable… Might want to put a warning label….

borazhasleftthebuilding

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Forgot he had a kid - hard to imagine frankly. Ahh well he needs more income and need shop the insurance and cut streaming instantly. Because he doens’t have a lot of fat in his budget truthfully - which means his impulse control is even more critical.
he cant change insurance cuz its registered out of state

just quit posting.

• Haha
Reactions: Tupac and CPTMULLET

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
he cant change insurance cuz its registered out of state

just quit posting.

If he gets cheaper insurance he can always register. Not to mention he should anyway.

And um don;t. You have some poor people to go out and rescue? Besides pretty my profile is older than yours I was born at 12:01 AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026