Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

dengar

seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir!
OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2004
OC NJ
If he was really serious he'd take up Remy's offer to become a construction worker

This isn't possible.
Remember although it would double his income, he would have to pay back the $500 sign on bonus at the current job. $500 now > 10's of thousands later.
She won't change jobs because there is a delusion about some internal promotion program where should rise up the ranks and/or transition to financial planner.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Do you think Dusty will have his shit together within 7 years and be in a position to possibly be buying a house? Shit, the equinox would barely be paid off within 7 years.

Turo would be reasonable for someone that's not Dusty. It would turn into a comedy of errors for one reason or another. I've got some pretty ridiculous dipshit customers that call trying to get a house and their credit is worse than Dusty's. They have an apartment, and they call me from their cell phone (and they won't stop calling, lol), so I wouldn't worry about ability to get a phone or utilities/apartment. Just rip the bandaid off. Plus, anyone who gave Dusty a loan deserves to choke on that big pile of shit negative equity. the 10-25% they charge other dipshits will absorb the losses they take on this pig.
Ban for doxxing me.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Mejnoon

May 6, 2000
Omaha, NE
I ruined my credit and spent ~$100k on drugs in my 20s and had high mileage M5 that cost me 20k in repairs just a bit ago. But I've recovered from all of that. My credit is great now and I bought a 2015 Lexus with 25k mi. They were all valuable lessons to learn but having a good income is really what made it possible to recover. If I were him instead of working a second job I would figure out what job I could work my way up in quickly to a good income and spend every extra bit of time I have getting prepared, getting and eventually working that job. He does have a spending problem and financial decsion making problem but getting his income is the best way out of this mess and have a real life for his family. He could cut his spending like crazy but he would still be poor.
Absolutely this. Cutting a couple hundred per month in weed and streaming services isn’t going to improve his situation in any real way.

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007
pretty sure he was a lube tech, so I am maybe guessing wiper blades? I am not sure what jiffy lube actually offers because I don't go to that place.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
@Dusty Busterson what was the most difficult car repair you performed as a tech?
Just basic stuff like oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
pretty sure he was a lube tech, so I am maybe guessing wiper blades? I am not sure what jiffy lube actually offers because I don't go to that place.
Wouldn’t go back there, I made more $ starting at my current job than the manager above me did at Jiffy after being there two years :rofl:. Made $13 as an assistant manager, general manager made $15. I’m making $17 (raise at ninety days which I hit this week) in health insurance and feel like there’s more opportunities here.
@Dusty Busterson the type of doo that signs and dates oil filters when he installs them
That actually was required at every Jiffy Lube type place I’ve been to lol.

Last edited:

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
Just basic stuff like oil changes, tire rotations, etc.

Wouldn’t go back there, I made more $ starting at my current job than the manager above me did at Jiffy after being there two years :rofl:. Made $13 as an assistant manager, general manager made $15. I’m making $17 in health insurance and feel like there’s more opportunities here.

That actually was required at every Jiffy Lube type place I’ve been to lol.
what about at texas cars? diagnose and repair cars?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026