Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Got offers from CarMax for $16,400 for the Chevy Equinox, and $15,400 for the VW Jetta.

Thinking about getting offers from a regular used car place, CarMax doesn’t have anything cheap enough. We’d be looking for like a $5k car until we pay off all this.

Doing this would still save several hundred a month just from cheaper insurance and not having two car payments.

WWOTD? And no, I can’t go back in time and not buy the Equinox or I would.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Also what did I post actually do to get a perma? Did he cancel @Chuck Finleys turo reservation last minute?
he and unhinged curry weirdo @Jonari tricked @jaunt into driving a long ass way to get a PPI for the lexus he was bragging about trying to flip after they found his craigslist ad

I guess mods think that's going IRL but @mollywhop trying to buy @Chuck Finley's home address from me to mail him liquid ass was fine

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Be honest, are you just trading in the cars so you can afford the new call of duty next month?
Sorry, dumb question. That would be entirely too much foresight and planning for you.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Got offers from CarMax for $16,400 for the Chevy Equinox, and $15,400 for the VW Jetta.

Thinking about getting offers from a regular used car place, CarMax doesn’t have anything cheap enough. We’d be looking for like a $5k car until we pay off all this.

Doing this would still save several hundred a month just from cheaper insurance and not having two car payments.

taking a $5-7k bath on the equinox to drive it for a month and one trip to LA is a stupid idea

put them on turo and make money off them until you can sell them

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
he and unhinged curry weirdo @Jonari tricked @jaunt into driving a long ass way to get a PPI for the lexus he was bragging about trying to flip after they found his craigslist ad

I guess mods think that's going IRL but @mollywhop trying to buy @Chuck Finley's home address from me to mail him liquid ass was fine
that is just top tier shit ass behavior. Leave him permad forever, you don't waste a working man's time like that.

It's not like ipost can high horse that flipping literally anything is beneath him or something. loser hoe shit

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
that is just top tier shit ass behavior. Leave him permad forever, you don't waste a working man's time like that.

It's not like ipost can high horse that flipping literally anything is beneath him or something. loser hoe shit
if you say his username fast 3 times, he'll pop out with one of the AEs he's had lurking for 2-3 years and come tell us about the turo life

• Haha
Reactions: sp00n155

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ

Turo your equinox prison, place all of the proceeds into a separate checking account you do not touch outside of any repairs needed for the vehicle. Once you have amassed $5,000-7,000 in this account, which unless the vehicle gets totalled (literally the best thing that could happen to you) shouldn't take very long in Vegas, sell it back to whoever is listening for a "loss". Here's where it gets tricky for you, that money from turo isn't yours to buy a new car with- you use that to pay off the deficit of the loan.

Drive the VW. Do not buy a second car, you work from home. You don't need a second car.

If you are actually paying attention you'd sell the VW as well and buy a cheap car outright with inexpensive insurance and no car payments.

I have exactly what you need to be driving, complete with 30mpg and cold air conditioning for the kid, but it'll be 2056 before you have $4600 in liquid cash to buy the damn thing so it's irrelevant.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Would you buy any of these? Or should I look somewhere else?

d0f39be8f33d49db4b1a265bc2d3fdf1x.jpg

/thread

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Turo your equinox prison, place all of the proceeds into a separate checking account you do not touch outside of any repairs needed for the vehicle. Once you have amassed $5,000-7,000 in this account, which unless the vehicle gets totalled (literally the best thing that could happen to you) shouldn't take very long in Vegas, sell it back to whoever is listening for a "loss". Here's where it gets tricky for you, that money from turo isn't yours to buy a new car with- you use that to pay off the deficit of the loan.

Drive the VW. Do not buy a second car, you work from home. You don't need a second car.

If you are actually paying attention you'd sell the VW as well and buy a cheap car outright with inexpensive insurance and no car payments.

I have exactly what you need to be driving, complete with 30mpg and cold air conditioning for the kid, but it'll be 2056 before you have $4600 in liquid cash to buy the damn thing so it's irrelevant.
I love the on brand OT style of offering solid advice with a side of epic burn

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas

Well that’s what we were looking at, selling both cars and getting something cheaper. So you think Turo’ing the Equinox is better vs trading both in and rolling it something cheap?

Turo calculator estimated I can make $8,096 a year with the Equinox based on the national average which is $674/mo. But that’s not stable income and I’d still have to pay taxes on it at the end of the year.

So would it save much compared to trading in both cars toward something cheaper? I get that we’d still be paying on the original loan but the insurance would be cheaper as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026