Dusty’s Budgeting Thread

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Well that’s what we were looking at, selling both cars and getting something cheaper. So you think Turo’ing the Equinox is better vs trading both in and rolling it something cheap?

Turo calculator estimated I can make $8,096 a year with the Equinox based on the national average which is $674/mo. But that’s not stable income and I’d still have to pay taxes on it at the end of the year.

So would it save much compared to trading in both cars toward something cheaper? I get that we’d still be paying on the original loan but the insurance would be cheaper as well.
You have to do something. You can't trade both cars in for something else as that would be more negative equity than the purchase price of whatever you're trying to replace it with. You have no liquid assets currently to buy a vehicle outright.

Yes, you'll have to pay taxes. You get a child credit on your taxes and are both W2 employees, the turo income should be covered by your general "return" money instead of you throwing it out the window on weed and Xbox games.

Get that vehicle on turo today. Set the money aside, it isn't spending money. Use that money to buy the negative equity left over in the loan when you sell it. Drive the VW in the meantime.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
List up the Equinox on turo today for $5/day cheaper than the cheapest equivalent vehicle you can find. You'll get a bunch of good reviews because you need to get your ratings up

once you have a couple of reviews going, raise your rate a bit. Learn how to use ONR and wash the car in between renters and vacuum it out too.

You scoff at $8096/yr but it'll help unfuck the mistake you made in buying it plus you can use it as a second vehicle while it's not being rented out.

@iPost is borderline retarded and makes a living off turo rentals. I'm sure with our help you could figure it out too.

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
List up the Equinox on turo today for $5/day cheaper than the cheapest equivalent vehicle you can find. You'll get a bunch of good reviews because you need to get your ratings up

once you have a couple of reviews going, raise your rate a bit. Learn how to use ONR and wash the car in between renters and vacuum it out too.

You scoff at $8096/yr but it'll help unfuck the mistake you made in buying it plus you can use it as a second vehicle while it's not being rented out.

@iPost is extremely retarded and makes a living off turo rentals. I'm sure with our help you could figure it out too.
fixed

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ
Well that’s what we were looking at, selling both cars and getting something cheaper. So you think Turo’ing the Equinox is better vs trading both in and rolling it something cheap?

Turo calculator estimated I can make $8,096 a year with the Equinox based on the national average which is $674/mo. But that’s not stable income and I’d still have to pay taxes on it at the end of the year.

So would it save much compared to trading in both cars toward something cheaper? I get that we’d still be paying on the original loan but the insurance would be cheaper as well.

There is no such thing as a "cheap" used car bought from a dealer. If you can't buy it outright in cash, the dealer knows they've got your dick in a vice and they're going to get to cranking.

You think your interest rate is bad now, you'll be in Buy Here-Pay here territory to buy a $5k honda at a dealer.

Somehow, you need to get enough money to buy a car outright, and pay down your negative equity. Only then you could do what you're planning, and Immediately pay off the loan you take out to avoid the rapey interest.

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ
Also, be aware.

When financing a car 10yrs old or older, lenders consider this additional risk, so again. either don't write the loan or they crank the interest way up.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I fear dustyfamily is going to use every cent turo brings in as soon as it clears their account on meaningless stuff like well earned vacations to Bakersfield area 711s to buy scratch offs and Takis, while piling miles and wear on the equinox further devaluing it before it ultimately blows a seal which is not covered under his Fischer Price warranty and is parked hopelessly on the curb until he saves up $280 for a diagnostic (the universe dies a heat death about a week before)

Please, please do not do that. The turo route is a means to an end and literally the last stop for that vehicle. Do not fuck this money up, you will experience pain not yet understood if you fuck around with this turo income.

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004

@iPost is borderline retarded and makes a living off turo rentals. I'm sure with our help you could figure it out too.

$8k extra a year he should splurge a little and get the car wash membership back. It just makes sense. Maybe a streaming service or two since there will be no car museum vacations when the equinox is rented out. Iphone14s are rolling out, probably wouldn’t cost much more per month to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026