GAME EA games: digital downloads only available through EA.

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
All the Mass Effect 2 dlc is handled through the ea/bioware website. It really isn't a big deal.

TS
TS
s34s0ns

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
It's going to be like having to use windows live / free to play launch software / etc.

Just another client to download and another place to put your CC info. The whole benefit of having something like Steam is to have everything in one spot, having 30 different 'steams' is going to defeat the purpose.

maks

Bah! t(-_-t)
Dec 29, 2004
Socal
having some shitty EA software-social hub in order to DL Battlefield etc. is going to be a nightmare.

It's going to be like having to use windows live / free to play launch software / etc.

Just another client to download and another place to put your CC info.

where are you getting all these details about Origin from?

Stilgar1973

Aug 12, 2006
My goal is to buy as few PC DVD's as possible.
I found the EA client a little while ago. I found that if I put my ea keys into the client it would give me access to the downloaded versions of the games.

While I agree with the idea of only having one client - and I very much agree that client should be steam. The ea client isn't really that bad.

Tdizzle

Jul 1, 2007
Vegas, son.
No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

Thanks to our friends at Darth Hater, Massively has learned that the highly anticipated MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic will be sold as a direct download only through Electronic Arts itself. In an interview with CEO John Riccitiello, the Wall Street Journal uncovered news of EA's new service, one it's calling Origin. This service will provide customers with a download service for all EA games, including the Battlefield games, the Need For Speed games, and the aforementioned Star Wars: The Old Republic.

It says specifically that it will have exclusive download service for the Star Wars MMO. Two sentences over it says nothing about exclusivity for other titles, merely that it will also provide the same service.

Dahlia

Feb 12, 2008
Lexington, KY
My goal is to buy as few PC DVD's as possible.
I found the EA client a little while ago. I found that if I put my ea keys into the client it would give me access to the downloaded versions of the games.

While I agree with the idea of only having one client - and I very much agree that client should be steam. The ea client isn't really that bad.
when everything is already on steam, I'd rather not have things scattered across multiple accounts. That's just silly.

TS
TS
s34s0ns

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
Yes it does.

It says specifically that it will have exclusive download service for the Star Wars MMO. Two sentences over it says nothing about exclusivity for other titles, merely that it will also provide the same service.

Good point, it doesn't say that it won't be exclusive for those though. So we'll see, but you could be right.:wavey:

WyldKat

Come with me if you want to live.
Apr 13, 2004
Indy
That's pretty lame. Pretty much a big "Fuck you" to Steam. Well fuck you EA, Steam is enough for me. They're trying their damnedest to get me not to purchase BF3.

Dahlia

Feb 12, 2008
Lexington, KY
That's pretty lame. Pretty much a big "Fuck you" to Steam. Well fuck you EA, Steam is enough for me. They're trying their damnedest to get me not to purchase BF3.
yea, that huge sale they had like a month back? Prices were quite good, but because it won't run on steam I didn't buy from them.:o

WyldKat

Come with me if you want to live.
Apr 13, 2004
Indy
yea, that huge sale they had like a month back? Prices were quite good, but because it won't run on steam I didn't buy from them.:o

I frequently pass on such deals myself for the same reason. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan