CREW East coast crew - How snowed in are you?

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Show me a franchise dealership in the states that doesn't make their dumbfuck employees pay the insurance deductible when they wreck one of their cars.

Canada is weird with insurance so it wouldn't surprise me if the standard practice is different up there.

The first dealership I worked at had a $1000 deductible. They took $25 from your paycheck every week for the first 40 weeks until you had a deductible bank account so when (not if) you wrecked one of their cars they wouldn't have to hear the sob story about you not having $1000 to pay it.

They paid said account back to you if you quit. Honestly not sure if they gave it back if you got fired.
We have a fleet of 30 tractors and another 20 vehicles. Ill toss the keys to a truck (of course as long as they have a license and I trust them) but they dont pay for anything when they f up.. thats on our company.

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
We have a fleet of 30 tractors and another 20 vehicles. Ill toss the keys to a truck (of course as long as they have a license and I trust them) but they dont pay for anything when they f up.. thats on our company.

If it's in our inventory.... or on our property.... or in the possession of an employee using a dealer plate to move it.... it's on our "any and all VINs" insurance policy and every employee who's allowed to drive is listed to said policy therefore it's on the driver of the vehicle to avoid making contact with things.

Our business is 100% cars. It's all we do. Sell hundreds of cars a month. Service thousands of cars a month. Do body work on hundreds more. The only thing we do to make money involves showing, driving, selling, fixing, maintaining, racking, moving, parking and repairing cars. Which of course creates thousands and thousands and thousands of opportunities for employees to make mistakes and cause damage. That's on them.

I don't own the dealership. I likely never will. But every dealer I've ever worked on or interviewed at has had the same policy......if you wreck it, you're fixing it.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Show me a franchise dealership in the states that doesn't make their dumbfuck employees pay the insurance deductible when they wreck one of their cars.

Canada is weird with insurance so it wouldn't surprise me if the standard practice is different up there.

The first dealership I worked at had a $1000 deductible. They took $25 from your paycheck every week for the first 40 weeks until you had a deductible bank account so when (not if) you wrecked one of their cars they wouldn't have to hear the sob story about you not having $1000 to pay it.

They paid said account back to you if you quit. Honestly not sure if they gave it back if you got fired.
Employees ain't responsible for costs like that here

There was a contractor at the mine that did charge their employees for the cost of their fuckups, but they couldn't get work anywhere else cuz of drug use and work history, so was match made in. Heaven, they got underpaid, and paid for their fuckups

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor