ART Ebay brought back the 30% cash back deal again...lenses anyone?

Damnation

OT Supporter
Jan 26, 2005
South Florida
go to live.com
search Cheap PS3
click on the first sponsored link, it should take you to ebay
at the ebay site, you should notice a little Microsoft Cashback thing all the way on the top, near the Ebay Logo
from there, just search for whatever you want

Anything bought from eBay using buy-it-now and paid for with paypal, you can get 30% back from Microsoft on the purchase, unlimited uses now (no more 3 time max)

the guys at the main said that the max cash back is $200...

i just got my D50 yesterday, looks like this deal came right on time. any recommendations? lenses, external flash, etc

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
unfortunately (or fortunately), there are no Tokina 11-16mm 2.8's on ebay right now, otherwise i'd be trying to free up some $$ right now.

HorseDick

Oct 1, 2005
FL
The Tamron 18-270mm is on eBay for ~550 and has been getting awesome reviews. But if I had a Nikon I'd probably get the 18-200VR.

Since when are you into dSLRs you homo?

Mutombo

May 31, 2006
San Francisco
I'm not sure if this live cashback thing has been more of a blessing or a curse for me so far. Almost all of my camera gear has been bought using this promotion.

On the one hand, I'm saving a LOT of money on stuff that doesn't really go on sale. On the other hand, I'm spending a LOT of money!

Total Cashback so far: $1126.65

Mutombo

May 31, 2006
San Francisco
By the way, anybody looking for an authorized dealer on ebay should check the "flashpointcameras" store on ebay. It's one of two ebay stores by the company "17th St. Photo" which is a very reputable place. I've ordered several lenses/flashes from them.

17th St's other ebay store "17thstreetphoto" uses a 3rd party checkout, not buy it now, so up until recently you weren't able to get cashback through those sellers. I read that you might be able to get cashback on 3rd party checkout systems if you still pay with paypal though, so you might be able to use that store now too.

3x

Jan 3, 2005
hella bro*cal
how do i check about usa and grey? sorry, im new in this game :hs:

if it doesn't state clearly that the lens/body comes with a usa warranty, it probably is grey market. same goes with "international" warranties or international sellers, probably grey market. most, if not all, tamron lenses come with a 6 year usa warranty vs. a 1 year "international" warranty.

you could also send the seller a message or something, check feedback, etc

BumbleBeeTuna

excuse me, your balls are showing
OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
CA
took advantage of the cashback a few months back when it was 30% and got my tripod + ballhead. Now that's it's back to 30% I upgraded to the 24-70 F/2.8 L and got the 85 F/1.8 as well :coold:

Mutombo

May 31, 2006
San Francisco
Looks like it just got dropped to 25%. Doesn't really matter if you purchase anything over $800 since they cap the cashback at $200 per transaction.

quid

I Piss Excellence
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2004
california
i might break down and finally score a fisheye lens to play with. :dunno:

i need to stop buying gear for a while though

Mighty_Zeus

Holy jesus....Sweet mother if bank busting.....I am in trouble.

giz

Nov 25, 2004
salt lake
it's now down to 20%, but I'm thinking of picking up a Rebel XS. It would be $320 after cashback for the body + kit lens. Thoughts? I can't really go over $400 right now anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan