SPORTS Eddie Bravo on Flexibility

TS
TS

RollinDollos

dude kinda talks too much. nice guy though. very unique jiu jitsu (i rolled w/ him)

Yeah my brothers rolled with him when he was at Jean-Jaques place. They said some of the shit he did was ridiculous and he could get out of anything.

REDTAIL

Mar 31, 2008
Wow , he seems like a good instructor just from his attitude in that video.

kroneX

Jul 19, 2007
I personally don't like Eddie Bravo, he has some okay things to say like about flexibility, but i don't like his advocacy of marijuana and his conspiracy theories and how he talks about that shit in his classes. I am pro marijuana, i am a frequent user, but seriously you don't talk about that shit in jiu jitsu class, or about your theories on the world, people are there to learn jiu jitsu, not your philosophy on world affairs.

Secondly he has a pretty big assertion that the rubber guard is the best no gi guard game to play... I play spider and de la riva guard no gi and do just fine, i have to adapt my style, sure, who doesn't when they lose those handles?

Oh that and he is gonna enter ADCC in 2009, and i wanna see him get his shit pushed in, i do beleive he caught royler with a lucky triangle, people fuck up, and props to eddie for catching him, its no small feat catching royler. But his claim that royler is a 'bread and butter' player and his style is more evolved than his, and thinks he is going to push roylers shit in again pissed me off. But to think he can roll with the ADCC guys now and still think he will pull of wins is a bit of bullshit i think, that and he will be in the same weight class as marcelo garcia.

Well thats my thoughts, he might be a nice guy, just up himself a bit for beating royler, and thinking his the masta of no gi bjj

XJ3B

wat
Aug 4, 2007
I personally don't like Eddie Bravo, he has some okay things to say like about flexibility, but i don't like his advocacy of marijuana and his conspiracy theories and how he talks about that shit in his classes. I am pro marijuana, i am a frequent user, but seriously you don't talk about that shit in jiu jitsu class, or about your theories on the world, people are there to learn jiu jitsu, not your philosophy on world affairs.

Secondly he has a pretty big assertion that the rubber guard is the best no gi guard game to play... I play spider and de la riva guard no gi and do just fine, i have to adapt my style, sure, who doesn't when they lose those handles?

Oh that and he is gonna enter ADCC in 2009, and i wanna see him get his shit pushed in, i do beleive he caught royler with a lucky triangle, people fuck up, and props to eddie for catching him, its no small feat catching royler. But his claim that royler is a 'bread and butter' player and his style is more evolved than his, and thinks he is going to push roylers shit in again pissed me off. But to think he can roll with the ADCC guys now and still think he will pull of wins is a bit of bullshit i think, that and he will be in the same weight class as marcelo garcia.

Well thats my thoughts, he might be a nice guy, just up himself a bit for beating royler, and thinking his the masta of no gi bjj

I don't like how he advocated marijuana in his book. I mean, some younger kids read that stuff sometimes. I know a kid who trained at my gym, still in middle school. hangs on bravo's nuts, i imagine if he doesnt have the book already, once he gets it he will want some pot

TheEspionage

Apr 5, 2007
So how does your body adapt to this? He mentions people who can't bring their legs in but after a few years can do it with ease.

kroneX

Jul 19, 2007
Well with the gi to have my foot in their elbows, and hang on to each sleeve.

When i play no gi i hold onto both their wrists and keep my shins in their elbows, works out fine for me. so whatever works.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan