SRS EDU: You know how your parents were preoccupied with who your friends were as a kid?

Crusader

That doesn't change when you get older. Stop hanging out with people that don't enrich your life. Get away from negative influences.

It worked for me :o

BlazinBlazer Guy

Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.
Jul 24, 2002
Lansing, MI USA
Don't overindulge in concern. Making social contacts adds to your ability to measure how you value your life. Even cutting out people you don't value can lead you to feel less connected to the world.

Just pointing out an argument to your point. I'm living on the disconnected side.

Frankly I prefer being less connected to the world; there are things I simply don't want or need to know.

TS
TS

Crusader

Don't overindulge in concern. Making social contacts adds to your ability to measure how you value your life. Even cutting out people you don't value can lead you to feel less connected to the world.

Just pointing out an argument to your point. I'm living on the disconnected side.

My answer isn't to cut out ppl, but rather find the right ones to associate with.

JustJeff

www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff
Oct 30, 2006
Long Island // Virginia Tech
My mom used to always ask me, "So how many friends do you have?"

"Did you do anything with your friends?"

"What are your friends up to?"

It pissed me off, but I see why she was concerned... I was a quiet kid who didn't talk to anyone. Good thing that changed and now she doesn't ask me anymore :)

TS
TS

Crusader

I honestly feel that 99 percent of our problems are things we can walk away from. Namely, the people and situations we associate ourselves with.

Diesel66

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
Kc
lay down with dogs, don't be surprised to come up with fleas. It's honestly pretty true.

4W4K3

Dec 31, 2004
TX
At this point in my life I'd rather be in bad company than alone; and that's exactly where I'm at most of the time. Not ready to let go of the friends I have because of their flaws.

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
That doesn't change when you get older. Stop hanging out with people that don't enrich your life. Get away from negative influences.

It worked for me :o

I recently found out that my dad chose my friends so that he could fuck their mothers.
:sadwavey:

true story

Oct 17, 2004
New England
I've got enough shit in my own life.... don't need to be wiping other people's asses too. :nono:
you won't do well in a relationship until you're ok with yourself, first.

lol you guys are so socially SANITARY

Not that I'm not careful who I keep up with, but geez :rofl:
i'll end up accidentally attracting more shit than I need. why would I go looking for more? :ugh:

I recently found out that my dad chose my friends so that he could fuck their mothers.
:sadwavey:

true story
go dad! :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor