GAME Educate me on GT5 cars...

CodeX

So I just got this, and I was looking through the car dealership, and there are only like 100 cars or so... some makes only have 1 or 2 listed, and I also noticed a distinct gap from about level 6 to level 20... where the fuck are the 1000+ cars they talk about?

TS
TS

CodeX

Oh and I have to add... this game would be better and look better on PC... I was watching my 69 stingray in a replay and saw aliasing like crazy in the area with all the holes on the exhaust pipes (the ones that run down the length of the car on the outside and have all the holes in the metal surrounding the pipe...). Too bad I can't play this at high res, 1080p just sucks :hs:

you can see what I'm talking about here... that whole area was all fucked up due to low resolution:
stingray_415x257.jpg

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
200 cars are premium in the dealership.
The rest are ps2 quality and cycle randomly in the used dealership. :mamoru:

Los

Oct 22, 2003
Indiana
the used car dealership cycles through 6 cars every event (day) so do five races, see 30 new cars (or something like that).

dimmy32

Oct 6, 2010
the used car dealership cycles through 6 cars every event (day) so do five races, see 30 new cars (or something like that).

I didnt know that as well..good to know.

Of course there are gonna be jagged lines ! Consoles cant do a lot of stuff a PC can....theyre very dumbed down in every way

Los

Oct 22, 2003
Indiana
i haven't played in awhile... but what I normally do is do a couple of events at once so when I get back in the used dealership, they be some mad new cars up in hitha.

TS
TS

CodeX

Can I expect there to be free downloadable content for this game or is that for PC games only?

TS
TS

CodeX

omg I don't know everything about every game ever made and sometimes have to ask because I have a life and a family and a full time job and don't sit around jerking off and playing games all day :rolleyes:

slowbird

I am the son, and the heir, of a shyness that is c
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Steelers/Pens crew
Nope.

[y]wVkxSZoHbYY[/y]

Forza =/= racing sim.
big fucking deal. people still care how "sim" a game is? If it looks good and feels good, I don't care if the handling isn't 100% laser accurate, just as long as it can fool me into thinking it is.

TS
TS

CodeX

big fucking deal. people still care how "sim" a game is?

Only when that is the entire point... If I was driving a fictional vehicle around an alien planet I wouldn't care...

Last edited by a moderator:

slowbird

I am the son, and the heir, of a shyness that is c
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Steelers/Pens crew
Only when that is the entire point... If I was driving a fictional vehicle around an alien planet I wouldn't care...
I'm not saying I want it to be arcade-style drifting like Ridge Racer. I'm just saying, the steering assistance shown in that video is something I have never ever noticed before, and it is only noticable when you drive in a specific way so as to showcase it on Youtube. Also, most people don't have a wheel, so they probably need that shit.

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
I'm not saying I want it to be arcade-style drifting like Ridge Racer. I'm just saying, the steering assistance shown in that video is something I have never ever noticed before, and it is only noticable when you drive in a specific way so as to showcase it on Youtube. Also, most people don't have a wheel, so they probably need that shit.

People that don't have a wheel but play Forza and talk shit about GT5 not being a sim have no credibility.

Fareo

Oh and I have to add... this game would be better and look better on PC... I was watching my 69 stingray in a replay and saw aliasing like crazy in the area with all the holes on the exhaust pipes (the ones that run down the length of the car on the outside and have all the holes in the metal surrounding the pipe...). Too bad I can't play this at high res, 1080p just sucks :hs:

you can see what I'm talking about here... that whole area was all fucked up due to low resolution:
stingray_415x257.jpg
Fuck PC, would look better on PS9, taps into your central nervous system yo.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anaiddianych