educate me on plexshares

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
i know plenty about iptv, but nothing about plexshares. testing out a trial right now and it's pretty impressive with the response and quality.
what are the restrictions - it appears that i can play more than 1 stream at a time in my house and i can also play on my phone using cell data simultaneously. i don't want to get banned for breaking the rules though

any suggestions for providers? i'm mainly looking for something that has new tv show releases

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
Number of streams depends on the seller. Don’t believe they can restrict through Plex (they couldn’t anyway), but they can see if you’re using it in X locations and then kick you.

for best results, try to find a seller that isn’t using Google Drive for hosting. Many try to leverage free/cheap hosting accounts that have “unlimited bandwidth” and they are generally pretty meh

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I don't really know the nuances or technical details but it's easy to find providers on a subreddit and ask for a free one-day trial.

From my experience? My plex account is used on many many devices and it appears I can stream on all of them simultaneously. Otherwise it's Plex so the UI is boss and pretty responsive.

I have a direct-download account (like Rapidgator) but I stopped using it to DL movies since they're usually on Plex and it's so damn convenient.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
iBptDB0l.png

:noes:

Yoritomo

Beautiful day in this neighborhood
Sep 26, 2001
DFW
No fancy cloud data though, Just an 83 TB server on a Gigabit. Already have too many shares though. Have to impose 6 streams simultaneous limit :/

keroberos

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2002
Reactions: Yoritomo
TS
TS
dorkultra

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
weird, it plays perfectly on my firetv2 but cuts out on my shield. the app layout is totally different on the shield as well, might need to update, will troubleshoot more later

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman