GAME El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

RiptideX

Jun 4, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Finished this game over the last couple of days. Really great game. Surprisingly deep game for such a simple combat system.

- AMAZING Visuals
- Loosely based on ancient religious texts
- Great combat system
- Perfect pacing and length

Really polarizing reviews on this game. I watched the video review on IGN and the guy bashed the same thing over and over for 10 minutes. While the Gamespot review was really spot on and deep. I am not sure what IGN's deal is but they smash the shit out of games that do not deserve it pretty often. They did the same thing with Alice: Madness Returns and that game was awesome (in my top 10 this year for sure)

The part that bothers me about that is that one negative review on a huge mainstream site can be crippling to a game's sales when it does not necessarily deserve that. IGN gave it a 5.0 and Gamespot gave it a 8.0 (which is what I would rate it too)

Anyways... Check it out. I really liked it. It is higher on my list than some other higher profile titles this year like Shadows of the Damned and LA Noir.

http://elshaddaigame.com/

Thx for reading

RiptideX

maks

Bah! t(-_-t)
Dec 29, 2004
Socal
I picked it up and will start playing tonight. I'm really interested in the combat but im not expecting much. I completely broke bayonetta and vanquish down and have a hard time believing anything can come close to the gameplay mastery of those. Hopefully i will be surprised :hs:

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Saw a video of it on Kotaku today when looking for something else, shit looked pretty fucking awesome, dunno if I wanna buy it though. Will definitely wait for a price drop before I do.

juice4624

May 23, 2007
VA
Bought it... played it... really odd game. Has me all kinds of confused about wtf is going on. I'll take a path and then randomly be in dream world and then go back to fighting? But will continue to play and see if it gets better

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
Bought it... played it... really odd game. Has me all kinds of confused about wtf is going on. I'll take a path and then randomly be in dream world and then go back to fighting? But will continue to play and see if it gets better
Whole game is like that. Don't read too much into that shit...game goes by pretty quick too. I beat it in almost 1 and a half sittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor