GUN Electronic Hearing Protection Advice

Milky

I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie
Jan 12, 2004
Mississippi State
Hey guys, I am looking for some electronic hearing protection for hopefully <$100 or 150. These will mainly be used for outdoor IPSC matches with occasional indoor range usage.

I really have no idea what to look for. Right now I am doubling up with cheap muffs and cheap foam plugs so I am sure anything will be an improvement. Thanks.

GarandBobcat

Jan 21, 2007
Merced Co., CA
something to keep in mind, electronic ears don't offer better protection than conventional ears, they just allow you to hear normal sounds when there isn't active firing going on.

If you just want sheer noise dampening, the muffs over (foam) plugs is the way to go.

That said, I have a set of Peltor 6S electronic ears that I got from Botach for about $50 a few months ago and I like 'em.

TS
TS
Milky

Milky

I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie
Jan 12, 2004
Mississippi State
something to keep in mind, electronic ears don't offer better protection than conventional ears, they just allow you to hear normal sounds when there isn't active firing going on.

If you just want sheer noise dampening, the muffs over (foam) plugs is the way to go.

That said, I have a set of Peltor 6S electronic ears that I got from Botach for about $50 a few months ago and I like 'em.

Well, I can't really shoot the breeze with the guys when I'm like "WHAT I CANT HEAR YOU. LET ME TAKE MY MUFFS OFF. STILL CANT HEAR, HANG ON LET ME TAKE OUT MY PLUGS. Oh, its my turn to shoot? Hang on." :o

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I got Peltor Sportac Tactical muffs. I wanted electronic ones becuase I hated having to take my muffs off to hear ppl all the time. I also wanted a thinner profile for a better cheek weld. I really like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448