Elf, musical things

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
Do you play any instruments? guitar, bass, ukulele

Have you ever wanted to learn to play an instrument(s)? have always wanted to learn the sax. i tried to build a bamboo sax, and i even made my own bamboo reed for it (lookup xaphoon) but it sounds like a dying duck. :rofl: Also kinda love the drums but have never tried it on a real set. I would buy a set just to learn Tom Sawyer and that would be enough.

What do you listen to? random stuff. everything from the beastie boys, old country, 80's rap, billie eilish, lady gaga (mainly the star is born soundtrack)

How do you listen? some CD's in my kitchen player, but mostly spotify. I'd def listen on a record player if i still had one, and would start collecting records from estate sales etc, pissing off my gf with another collection of stuff. :mamoru:

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
Dont play any instruments, don't have time to play.

Listen to all kinds of music, from old country, old rap, rock, classic rock, alternative like jack fm if you have that station near you.

Usually listen to Pandora

Super Dolemite

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2002
I used to have some turntables when I was younger, always wanted to learn to play the guitar or drums or something. Played piano a bit and know a few songs like hot cross buns and happy birthday lol
I listen to Musi or pandora, sometimes I turn on the radio but my taste is all over the place.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
I play guitar and drums.

Currently taking guitar lessons.Drums are stored away since i live in an apartment.

I am into heavy metal. Death, black, thrash, folk, Viking, and such.

Stream normally from Spotify. Also collect vinyl. Mostly metal stuff.

pookrat

Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Grew up in a musical family. Dad played Guitar, Piano, Accordion, brass instruments, etc by ear. Could never read a note. I learned to play Piano via lessons but let that fade. I have always been musical and play anything from a lighter in my mouth clicking my teeth to a large church organ. My latest is a Jew's harp. I found a nice set of Hohner Mouth Harps in each key in a nice case.

I guess I would like to play the Uke or Violin if I was going to try to give something new a try.

I listen to a very weird range of things. Techno, Alternative, Indie Rock, Classic Rock, Country, Classical, etc. No Rap and no hip hop.

I usually just listen to streaming music. Mostly from Pandora or iHeart Media. But some other obscure streaming services as well. I love random independent stations like whats on Soma.fm

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
Played French Horn/Mellophone in high school, had a cheap horn for a few years after that while in college. Been thinking about picking up a trumpet since they're cheaper and fingerings are the same as mellophone pretty much. But don't wanna spend the money on a trumpet and mouthpiece.Wife wants to learn the ukulele, she can already play cello, piano, bass, and guitar.

I listen to a ton of different stuff, mostly through Spotify. Pretty much anything but country lol.

Mr Coffee

Jun 25, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
I'd love to play something like guitarr or wind-instrument but living with thin walls and odd neighbours, this is not the time for it.

I do listen to Spotify a lot, but trying to move as much of it as possible offline, and instead rely on Spotify as a source for discovering new music instead.

My music tastes are quite eclectic in terms of genres, but according to Spotify i do listen most frequently to indie folk a lot, which i wouldn't have bet on. I have recently started discovering some really amazing 50s music thanks to a friends playlis, and starting to slowly consider getting a vinyl player and a few specific records for it.

CUCUY

LOVE TO LICK
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2006
HOUSTON, TX.
Do you play any instruments? used to play trombone, baritone and tuba and clarinet.....but this was a long time ago.

Have you ever wanted to learn to play an instrument(s)? have always wanted to learn guitar and would love to get one or even start off with a cigarbox 4 string guitar.

What do you listen to? random stuff. everything from the beastie boys, old country, 80's rap, billie eilish, lady gaga (mainly the star is born soundtrack) and also everything out there. I travel a lot so I listen to pretty much any culture, genre......ANYTHING!

How do you listen? usually youtube music, but sometimes the areas i go to have no service, so i'm looking into getting one of those custom classic ipods with 512gb ssd and 3000mah battery.

Deviance

Can't you smell that smell?
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
Rocky Mountain High
Do you play any instruments? guitar, bass, ukulele

Have you ever wanted to learn to play an instrument(s)? have always wanted to learn the sax. i tried to build a bamboo sax, and i even made my own bamboo reed for it (lookup xaphoon) but it sounds like a dying duck. :rofl: Also kinda love the drums but have never tried it on a real set. I would buy a set just to learn Tom Sawyer and that would be enough.

What do you listen to? random stuff. everything from the beastie boys, old country, 80's rap, billie eilish, lady gaga (mainly the star is born soundtrack)

How do you listen? some CD's in my kitchen player, but mostly spotify. I'd def listen on a record player if i still had one, and would start collecting records from estate sales etc, pissing off my gf with another collection of stuff. :mamoru:

I play the clarinet / saxaphone. When noone can see me I play they hell out of the air guitar. Well known for playing the air drums while driving. I've played at some of the best red lights in town.
I Like rock from the 60s to now. Im a big vinyl fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman