Mar 14, 2000
Silicon Valley, CA USA
can he do it ?

:noes:

Elon Musk Close to Surpassing Jeff Bezos as World’s Richest Person

UnimportantUnselfishAsiandamselfly-max-1mb.gif

By Devon Pendleton and Dana Hull

January 6, 2021, 9:24 AM PST / Updated on January 6, 2021, 3:08 PM PST

Elon Musk, the outspoken entrepreneur behind Tesla Inc. and SpaceX, kicked off the new year by homing in on a characteristically audacious title: the richest person on the planet.

A 2.8% rally in the electric carmaker’s share price Wednesday boosted Musk to within $3 billion of Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos, who currently occupies the top spot on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a ranking of the world’s 500 wealthiest people.

The South Africa-born engineer’s net worth was $181.1 billion on Wednesday, just shy of Bezos, who has held the top spot since October 2017. As chief executive officer of Space Exploration Technologies Corp., or SpaceX, Musk is also a rival to Bezos, owner of Blue Origin LLC, in the private space race.

The milestone caps an extraordinary 12 months for Musk. Over the past year his net worth soared by more than $150 billion in possibly the fastest bout of wealth creation in history. Fueling his rise was an unprecedented rally in Tesla’s share price, which surged 743% last year on the back of consistent profits, inclusion in the S&P 500 Index and enthusiasm from Wall Street and retail investors alike............................

KBBQ

Stryker MAKO > *
Jan 2, 2021
I can't listen to him, it's just his mind is thinking too fast and his mouth can't keep up, so the sentences are all broken

i thought it was a momentary situation. Figured he’d probably stressed with his company, Covid, investor/battery day. Looked up another video of his. Nope, he’s the same way.

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
i thought it was a momentary situation. Figured he’d probably stressed with his company, Covid, investor/battery day. Looked up another video of his. Nope, he’s the same way.
He's not a great speaker, which is odd tbh considering so much of his ability to succeed is based on convincing people to help fund audacious plans (that he then usually comes through on, yes, but he didn't start out with the track record of success he has now to point to). Must be something charismatic about him--I honestly think it may just be his enthusiasm. :o

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I love the dude and what he stands for, but he's overvalued majorly.

Half of his perceived value is the fact that he's a real person (alien) who is clearly not meant to be a public speaker, and speaks his mind.

He's proven time and time again that he truly doesn't give a fuck about what a CEO is supposed to look like, or how they;re supposed to act.

KBBQ

Stryker MAKO > *
Jan 2, 2021
He's not a great speaker, which is odd tbh considering so much of his ability to succeed is based on convincing people to help fund audacious plans (that he then usually comes through on, yes, but he didn't start out with the track record of success he has now to point to). Must be something charismatic about him--I honestly think it may just be his enthusiasm. :o
The namesake. Has made so many people wealthy. Iirc TSLA had made the most millionaires whoever bought stock in the company.

i think his solid track record of delivering eccentric ideas to humanity makes people want to invest their money in him. Just my .02

Reactions: Twinsen

Colt_Government

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
wallaby island

He actually doesn't try to convince people, he is the type that says 'fuck it, i'll do it myself' and that's what he did

Reactions: HUGE and MWHC22

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
It's easy for him to raise funding because he's proven over and over that he can deliver

Reactions: MrMechanic383

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor