Elon Musk is amazing

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Can you believe SpaceX will write it down as a donation for tax purposes smh

If it ain't a full realized loss, they clearly give zero fucks about the war in Albania or wherever.
clearing out the old round dishes to make room for the new rectangle ones

its like sending bengals super bowl shirts to africa

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
He literally invented turn by turn maps and wrote all the code which is how he got started. He was for a long time and maybe still is the chief engineer at spaceX, he literally designed large chunks of the early rockets himself.

He’s so involved with the details of everything, in particular Tesla, that he makes some shit worse because he demands that it run in code and systems he knows.

You’ve not read the biography on this dude. He hires shit tons of people but he’s more involved in the development than any other dude in his position. He’s a real engineer and a developer.
I have not read his biography. I have not "looked into him" in the slightest. My real initial exposure to him beyond a sound bite was when i watched his first Joe Rogan appearance when it came out and I came away thinking that he was an eccentric philanthropist who was going to make billions by advancing humanity. I actually don't have much of anything against the guy based what I've just said. However, I will readily agree that the "daddy Elon" culture surrounding him is this generations Steve Jobs cult and it's cringey as fuck.
And right on queue, y'all come in here swinging at the first hint of a detractor.

:io:

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Except for that one time that everyone convinced you to start options trading, or buy a model S, or upgrade to a PLAID, or ...

:kiss:
Options trading is something I hadn't learned yet. Seems like a semi natural progression, no?

Model S had been in the plans for a while, echo chamber doesn't get credit for that.

Plaid was because I sold the LR for a ridiculous profit, so why not?

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
He literally invented turn by turn maps and wrote all the code which is how he got started. He was for a long time and maybe still is the chief engineer at spaceX, he literally designed large chunks of the early rockets himself.

He’s so involved with the details of everything, in particular Tesla, that he makes some shit worse because he demands that it run in code and systems he knows.

You’ve not read the biography on this dude. He hires shit tons of people but he’s more involved in the development than any other dude in his position. He’s a real engineer and a developer.

Like insisting on cameras being the only guidance on Tesla's and making autopilot get worse instead of better?

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Is that what happened

Elon is doubling down on vision only guidance. My buddy who's a huge Elon/Tesla sack rider and owner stopped using autopilot on his commute because he lost trust in it after updates stopped using his cars radars for autopilot. He said it's too nerve racking because the car is always making bad decisions now.

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
My favorite thing to see someone bitch about Elon is that he doesn't physically build every single computer chip, rocket engine, vehicle, pilots the falcon 9 himself, lay the concrete for the buildings..etc..etc.

Thus making him a a fraud.

• Haha
Reactions: G.O.A.T.

$ean

Nov 1, 2013
Tesla's have lots of sensors that are more capable than cameras but Elon insists they only use cameras.
I think that only applies to model 3 and Y. I use FSD all the time and have never had an issue. Drove from CA to Vegas with zero issues.

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox

He literally did not invent turn by turn and I'm embarrassed for you for thinking he did.

• Haha
Reactions: intro_vert13

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
I think that only applies to model 3 and Y. I use FSD all the time and have never had an issue. Drove from CA to Vegas with zero issues.

Yeah who knows. It's an example of Elon designing things though lol

$ean

Nov 1, 2013
I know very little about him despite owning a Tesla and I love the car. I have no issues with the design 🤷‍♂️

jrmcm

Cocaine and cocaine accessories
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
My favorite thing to see someone bitch about Elon is that he doesn't physically build every single computer chip, rocket engine, vehicle, pilots the falcon 9 himself, lay the concrete for the buildings..etc..etc.

Thus making him a a fraud.

Yeah I bet that’s wild. Where did you see that posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448