Elon Musk is amazing

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
I mean it is pretty rude, being that someone will fail smh
Not really crazy to think that Tesla will be successful but is wildly overvalued. It’s hard to respect his constant pandering to ignorant people tbh.

Not you but this latest tweet storm is geared towards people who don’t understand what shorting a stock is. Bill Gates is probably the greatest philanthropist in human history too. Even if it’s just memeing it has really stupid underpinnings.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Ore

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Hamilton ON
The largest disconnect is that some people think Elon is out there actually engineering and designing "all this amazing tech" when that's not even close to reality.
He's an entrepreneur (or grifter, or whatever pronoun you like) who spotted some market gaps and had the brains and capital carve out a niche, and the follow through to be successful by hiring the right people and then grinding them to a pulp for profit and game.

He didn't "make" PayPal or Tesla or SpaceX or Starling or Neural Net... He's the farthest thing from 'Tony Stark'.. but the cultists can't disassociate from fairy tales.
Yes he is a salesman. He is such a good salesman he actually convinced enough people to give him money that we have self landing first stage rockets and many of the other "10 years away" technology that didn't get funded until he came around.

God forbid humanity actually makes some progress.

Ore

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Hamilton ON
i mean it’s cool sure to force an industry to adapt to a better alternate form of transportation

but he is still a nerdy douche and people that sackride him like he’s a god are cringe imho
He's such a douche bringing humanity progress gawd.

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Why does having a short on Tesla mean that you’re not serious about fighting climate change lol
Because shorting drives down price. This means Tesla and Elon have fewer resources to continue doing the work they do. This stock pays employees, attracts more and better employees, can be sold or leveraged to raise money for other ventures that have an impact, etc.

Gates is swinging large dollars around and those dollars have real impact on stock price.

It’s like trying to collect donations to feed the homeless while stealing from the homeless shelter.

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Not really crazy to think that Tesla will be successful but is wildly overvalued. It’s hard to respect his constant pandering to ignorant people tbh.

Not you but this latest tweet storm is geared towards people who don’t understand what shorting a stock is. Bill Gates is probably the greatest philanthropist in human history too. Even if it’s just memeing it has really stupid underpinnings.
Agreed he shouldn't be as childish as he is, or at least as often. I do find his antics hilarious half the time, childish or not. There's something to be said for bucking the system and kicking the CEO suit and tie out of the board room, especially when you are CEO of several BILLION DOLLAR companies.

If nothing else, Elon should match his half billion puts on Microsoft, then play nice with whatever the philanthropy gig is.

Why do you say he panders to ignorant people? While the dude has some gimmicky ideas and terrible timelines, he says what he's going to do and does it.

Are people ignorant for believing in his "this year", or rather that they've waited it out as long as they have?

Or... Are people just ignorant because they have different beliefs and hopes than you?

I'm ignorant as fuck, no offense taken, but I really do question why people dislike him so fucking much. It's incredible.

Reactions: OneTwo

intro_vert13

∞/21M
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
Why do you say he panders to ignorant people? While the dude has some gimmicky ideas and terrible timelines, he says what he's going to do and does it.
he sells people the dream, this is ultimately what he is - as you've correctly stated - a salesman.

however, he has a long track record of overpromising and underdelivering on many of his offerings, as well as using deliberate sleight of hand to underplay these shortcomings and instead distracts the public with some other idea that happens to pop in his head at the time because he knows it'll get headlines.

then rinse and repeat until he finally does get around to accomplishing said objectives, which is FAR after the original projection.

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
he sells people the dream, this is ultimately what he is - as you've correctly stated - a salesman.
however, he has a long track record of overpromising and underdelivering on many of his offerings, as well as using deliberate sleight of hand to underplay these shortcomings and instead distracts the public with some other idea that happens to pop in his head at the time because he knows it'll get headlines.
then rinse and repeat until he finally does get around to accomplishing said objectives.

I do love magic

giphy.gif

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

spooled2.2

fuck off real life flanders
OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2002
Rancho Relaxo
Agreed he shouldn't be as childish as he is, or at least as often. I do find his antics hilarious half the time, childish or not. There's something to be said for bucking the system and kicking the CEO suit and tie out of the board room, especially when you are CEO of several BILLION DOLLAR companies.

If nothing else, Elon should match his half billion puts on Microsoft, then play nice with whatever the philanthropy gig is.

Are people ignorant for believing in his "this year", or rather that they've waited it out as long as they have?

Or... Are people just ignorant because they have different beliefs and hopes than you?

I'm ignorant as fuck, no offense taken, but I really do question why people dislike him so fucking much. It's incredible.
I don't dislike elon but I dislike musketeers which he is 110% culpable for sooooo.......

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448