CAR Elon Musk now the richest person in the world

Trungtastic

OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2002
Austin
Me too.. I use Amazon a ton... but this thought haunts me - at the rate we are going, eventually the only place you'll be able to buy anything is through Amazon... bye bye competition and consumer choice :wtc:

oh yeah, I think it's a net negative. this is just me being selfish lol

Reactions: Boots

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Isn't Musk a little bit off his rocker tho

tenor.gif

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
Rather have him up there using his money to move the human race forward, unlike Bezos with Walmart 2.0.

• Dislike
Reactions: majesty

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
Me too.. I use Amazon a ton... but this thought haunts me - at the rate we are going, eventually the only place you'll be able to buy anything is through Amazon... bye bye competition and consumer choice :wtc:
I agree. Although I have noticed chains and local stores getting their act in gear. Best Buy has done a pretty good job of turning around I feel. I used to hate going to Best Buy or spending any money with them and now I feel like they are doing a better job of carrying items at a more fair price.

Reactions: Grape_Ape

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California

Read this a few weeks back - Elon comes off as a major asshole in it.

I have several friends that have worked or work at Tesla and they can confirm it. He's a highly functioning autist and while he deserves lots of credit for his successes, he's also been very lucky along the way in addition to getting all sorts of help (especially from the government).

One of my friends is brilliant (e.g. an actual genius), graduated at 17 with a BS in physics and had his PhD in particle physics from Stanford at 21, and worked at Tesla during the early days. He was incredibly underutilized and had a meeting with Elon who only seemed bothered by it. Elon goes, "What do you want?" and my friend goes, "Look I think I can do a lot more to help us succeed than only focusing on battery cell safety." Elon goes "fine, go do something else then" and ended the meeting. Two weeks passed and nothing changed and no one gave him any answers about how he could help in other ways, so he put in his two weeks and left to go found multiple successful startups.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Ā© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman