Elon Musk Trying To Back Out of Twitter Deal

Uncle Phil

OT Supporter
Nov 15, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Musk is a moron. Tesla does not need him anymore and would be better off with him gone. As for EVs, anyone who acutally has shopped the market knows that Tesla is still the king and will be for the forseeable future.

Tesla still needs a recognizable face to push the snake oil like FSD. Elon was able to get a lot of simps and people without any common sense to believe their car is FSD or coming within the next year... since 2014.

Dazed1

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2005
Bay area
Teslas handle like shit. If I cared about noise I wouldn’t go towards porsche either. I’ve taken a plaid down plenty of roads. It’s fun for all of 30 minutes at stop light pulls and then gets boring as shit.

They are fast I don’t find them fun. Not one bit. A GT3 or on a road course that is fun.

As to an HPDE I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tesla at one. EVER.
There’s two teslas that regularly come to HPDE here in the bay. One is an older model S, he’s been bringing it for 8 years or so? And the model 3 is setup for track with the right brakes, 4point harness setup, etc.

The model s has more issues after two laps of thunderhill than the model 3 does.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
1.5 laps.. where do I even begin with that. Which rests my case but somehow I don’t get cars according to mr whatever. It’s funny that he can’t understand soul but doesn’t understand the soul of a flat plane crank.
not everyone is a car person and even amongst car people there are diversity of opinions...I'm a sports car guy one of my good friends is an offroad/jeep guy. That's all ok, just being real about things is important IMHO.

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
:rofl: i accept your surrender

I can’t remember if you are the college professor but if so it certainly would make sense.

Have you ever seen surfers talk about waves, or skiers/boarders about powder? you either get it or you don’t. Even the one guy talking about Teslas being fun admitted it only made it around 1.5 turns In an HPDE. Teslas are fast but otherwise a completely boring camary copy.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
There’s two teslas that regularly come to HPDE here in the bay. One is an older model S, he’s been bringing it for 8 years or so? And the model 3 is setup for track with the right brakes, 4point harness setup, etc.

The model s has more issues after two laps of thunderhill than the model 3 does.

model S runs 18650s and the 3 is running 2170s.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I can’t remember if you are the college professor but if so it certainly would make sense.

Have you ever seen surfers talk about waves, or skiers/boarders about powder? you either get it or you don’t. Even the one guy talking about Teslas being fun admitted it only made it around 1.5 turns In an HPDE. Teslas are fast but otherwise a completely boring camary copy.
im sorry your sports cars get spanked by some h1b on his way to work for elon. its ok to be upset and claim soul is all that matters now.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma

That's been my experience. The S is heavier, less responsive and harder on brakes than the Model3. Model3 is hard enough on brakes with good tires. Then you have suspension issues, some of which can be fixed with aftermarket, removing some of the slop.

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
not everyone is a car person and even amongst car people there are diversity of opinions...I'm a sports car guy one of my good friends is an offroad/jeep guy. That's all ok, just being real about things is important IMHO.

Which is find Teslas are great Appliances. They just aren’t fun cars in the way a sport car or wrangler off road is.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Which is find Teslas are great Appliances. They just aren’t fun cars in the way a sport car or wrangler off road is.
Yeah I agree with that. I didn't order an EV to be a great track car. I ordered it to be a great DD. I suspect it will fulfill that mission and my weekend car slot will get filled again within the next couple years. But even my "weekend" cars in the past have had issues, some significant.

Reactions: Kafka

Dazed1

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2005
Bay area
That's been my experience. The S is heavier, less responsive and harder on brakes than the Model3. Model3 is hard enough on brakes with good tires. Then you have suspension issues, some of which can be fixed with aftermarket, removing some of the slop.
Yup. He’s done all the work to suspension and brakes that are needed. I’d post his IG / public posts, but being OT, not gonna

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
But who is going to push all the bullshit? Overpromise and incredibly under-deliver on a half-decade delayed timeline. On a side note, I look forward to him fleecing all the red hats of their money.

the cars are selling just fine without FSD.

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman