Elon Musk Trying To Back Out of Twitter Deal

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
Yeah I don’t know why people think Musk won this. He already lost since he never wanted the company. And he lost while losing 60 billion in tesla valuation on his own personal wealth this year.

Does he still win in the earning money game? of course but this was a giant face smacking loss.
The other marquee incel/edgelord hero is no longer the president so they need another god figure to worship.

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon
and the same folks still sticking up for Elon were also in the camp that thought Putin plays 5d chess.
there are some ppl that are extremely vulnerable to falling in love with cringe machismo
Trump
Putin
Elon

Incels and otherwise sheltered men who lack a strong father figure in their life so they look up to dorks like those because they think money/power is some sort of moral arbiter.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Trump
Putin
Elon

Incels and otherwise sheltered men who lack a strong father figure in their life so they look up to dorks like those because they think money/power is some sort of moral arbiter.
ATTACH]

YJvQ.gif

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
except those guys were making mistakes while trying to do the best for their company in terms of forward vision.
Musk stuck his nose in a place were he didnt belong and actually created his own problem. it wasnt like he was already the CEO of twitter then decided to invest in the wrong path. IMHO this isnt comparable to Jobs' errors or Zuck's metaverse

True. I will say though I think the core cause is the same - hubris. Part of the reason so many CEOs are so sure of Themselves is because to really lead a company, especially innovation, you have to be. You have ot beleive more and in sometimes in the face of odds and that you will achieve your goals. The downside is if you have too many successes you suddenly believe you can overcome anything.

IT’s a tough line to walk. So while I agree jobs and zuck might be a bit less bad. To me it’s very comparable - they started having pure faith in their own beliefs.

Anyway considering Musk wanted out of the deal, everything else is moot, he lost just on that basis there. Stupid for folks to say otherwise. It is entertaining though to watch they think billionaires are all seeing, infallible. the reality is they just fail fast and aren’t afraid to try. That’s the secret to a lot of the sucess.

Reactions: black jesus

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
True. I will say though I think the core cause is the same - hubris. Part of the reason so many CEOs are so sure of Themselves is because to really lead a company, especially innovation, you have to be. You have ot beleive more and in sometimes in the face of odds and that you will achieve your goals. The downside is if you have too many successes you suddenly believe you can overcome anything.

IT’s a tough line to walk. So while I agree jobs and zuck might be a bit less bad. To me it’s very comparable - they started having pure faith in their own beliefs.

Anyway considering Musk wanted out of the deal, everything else is moot, he lost just on that basis there. Stupid for folks to say otherwise. It is entertaining though to watch they think billionaires are all seeing, infallible. the reality is they just fail fast and aren’t afraid to try. That’s the secret to a lot of the sucess.

at least tag him

@fatmoocow insists this is what elon wanted all along. genius 6d moves

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman