Elon Musk Trying To Back Out of Twitter Deal

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota
mine was and my current account was made after trump was banned :hsugh:
So you don't remember following him recently? Maybe you just misclicked and accidently added him. I dunno. Unrelated question*, do you remember where you were on January 6th?

I don't know if you are right or not or if, generally, banned members automatically lose all of their followers....

.... But do you know if you were automatically following him as soon as he was unbanned... Or did you all of a sudden start following him some time after that?

*That was a joke

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
when you create a new account, Twitter would auto-follow a list of celebs and it was an opt-out setup. When he was banned, he was probably missing from the list to opt-out, which kept you following him unintentionally, and you never knew until he was unbanned. Software is tricky.

Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Kozzy McKoz

To fuck around is human, to find out is divine
Apr 11, 2005
LIBERAL UTOPIA OF MASSACHUSETTS
So you don't remember following him recently? Maybe you just misclicked and accidently added him. I dunno. Unrelated question*, do you remember where you were on January 6th?

I don't know if you are right or not or if, generally, banned members automatically lose all of their followers....

.... But do you know if you were automatically following him as soon as he was unbanned... Or did you all of a sudden start following him some time after that?

*That was a joke

I’ve seen multiple other Twitter accounts saying they were following him without doing it themselves

Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota
I’ve seen multiple other Twitter accounts saying they were following him without doing it themselves
Not shocked, tbh. I wonder if it is some benign error in their database due to the chaos of the last couple of weeks or if it was some intentional shit where they were trying to pump up his numbers. I guess to answer that we'd need to know if people have seen an uptick in following other accounts they had never actually subscribed to.

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota
when you create a new account, Twitter would auto-follow a list of celebs and it was an opt-out setup. When he was banned, he was probably missing from the list to opt-out, which kept you following him unintentionally, and you never knew until he was unbanned. Software is tricky.
That'd also make sense. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman