Elon Musk Trying To Back Out of Twitter Deal

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
thats just lazy reporting trying to be first out there.
Well two editors gave it a pass as well. It’s not just on the reporter.

After further discussion, a second editor said she “would vote” for publishing an alert, adding, “I can’t imagine a U.S. intelligence official would be wrong on this.”

Vivid

Aug 6, 2002
Case and point

Lmaooooooooooooooo

we will get through this, together...

200.gif

Lug

OT Supporter
May 3, 2017
Bay Area
It was an important call out because the editors said something to the effect of “I couldn’t fathom that a U.S. official would be wrong” as her reasoning for not fact-checking better. After NYT and Iraq shit like that should be unacceptable

After further discussion, a second editor said she “would vote” for publishing an alert, adding, “I can’t imagine a U.S. intelligence official would be wrong on this.”
They fired the reporter and posted a correction the next day. Clearly it was deemed "unacceptable"

Souppishdawg

Jun 21, 2013
San Diego, CA
what far left accounts out there are tweeting lies :roflwtf:? What far left accounts out there even get a fraction of the traffic shit like crying lobster dickhead, benny boy, or mango Mussolini get?
I mean there are a bunch to tankie accounts posting Russian disinformation, but I think Elon would think that's accurate info though

Also I don't really consider them left

Rev. Johnny Vegas

The Decline of Western Civilization
Jun 13, 2001
I was experimenting with youtube shorts last night. it tries to tickle you with a ben shap or tate short about every 10-15 shorts. if you watch more than 3 seconds worth it will click into conservative shorts every third. if you watch those a few times your shorts feed will be 50% filled with their nonsense. its incredible how quick they shove it out there.

if anything all i'm see if the need for transparency in the feed algorithms or straight up regulation.
You are a braver man than I am. :eek3::eek3::eek3:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman