Elon Musk Trying To Back Out of Twitter Deal

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
its such a shitty tactic on his part. knowing that a bunch of people wont fight for it. he will end up not paying out 100% of what is on the books and comes out ahead in the end.
the question now is if he’s gonna delay until they are Ch11 and can try and wipe it …

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
its such bullshit that he can Ch11 twitter and not pay out from the other things he owns. absolute bullshit.
Yes. Doesn’t it seem like political ads are a last ditch effort though? They were losing money before (several quarters in a row of negative FCF), now revenue is down 75-80% … what’s bringing this ship back above water?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Yes. Doesn’t it seem like political ads are a last ditch effort though? They were losing money before (several quarters in a row of negative FCF), now revenue is down 75-80% … what’s bringing this ship back above water?

nothing TBH. not with elon as an owner. its poisoned at this point.

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
I'm tired boss
come on 99.99
*yawn*

MTS-SPO-TEN-WTA-BNP-PARIBAS-OPEN---DAY-12-70_1649158342028_1653832900119.jpg

Burmonster

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, just a question of who I'm signing with. I have to decide carefully, because Elmo owes me 150k. The big/main firms most employees are using will take 1/3 + costs (including travel and appearance which could be tens of thousands) - on the other hand I have family who has some experience in this type of law that would do it for free but wouldn't have the economy of scale to sink 1000 hours of prep into it (like the firms representing 500-1000 people each).

I feel for you man. My advice (OT advice not legal advice) would to think carefully about signing any severance package which includes waiving your right to participating on any on going legislation. At the very least speak to an attorney in person about it first.

Reactions: intro_vert13

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
I feel for you man. My advice (OT advice not legal advice) would to think carefully about signing any severance package which includes waiving your right to participating on any on going legislation. At the very least speak to an attorney in person about it first.
Oh I won't be doing that at all. Severance package is going to be one months base pay, not even enough to think twice about it.

hootpie

Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Oh a related note, the BYD Seal is not a horrible looking car. No idea on quality though.
Nothing built in China is high quality unless there are armies of engineers checking quality every step of the way. The number of engineers companies like Apple use to produce high quality products in China is insane.

Makes me wonder what kind of garbage quality Tesla is putting out over in Shanghai.

xioix

Feb 20, 2005
So Cal
Nothing built in China is high quality unless there are armies of engineers checking quality every step of the way. The number of engineers companies like Apple use to produce high quality products in China is insane.

Makes me wonder what kind of garbage quality Tesla is putting out over in Shanghai.
If you have a factory in China (like BMW) they make you partner with a Chinese company, so they can learn how to make shit faster.
I think most of the Teslas sold in Europe were coming from China, so it might be standard Tesla quality or maybe better.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
If you have a factory in China (like BMW) they make you partner with a Chinese company, so they can learn how to make shit faster.
I think most of the Teslas sold in Europe were coming from China, so it might be standard Tesla quality.
So basically one step above fisher price or about 3 steps behind the Dodge Dart.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6