Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Jcolman, Sep 2, 2008.
What I shot this weekend. Kinda boring pics but she loved them.
Thanks guys. I realized though while editing them that they all looked very similar. I need to break out of my box a bit and try some new things.
I do like them a lot, but you are right, they all look very similar. Maybe even try some different post processing styles a bit.
And I'd remove the glare of his forehead in this one:
Nice work there.
I am not sure if I am allowed to C&C someone how has been in the industry longer than I have been on the planet....but here I go.
1) I like this, but she should have had her hands on the railing. Although her face appears to welcome the kiss, her body language makes her appear uncomfortable with it. Bokah is A-Plus!!
2) 3 things stand out immediately on this - they are not touching, their hands are cut off and their faces appear grey to me. To me, his eyes are the only thing bringing any dimension to the photo, Very plat otherwise.
3) Awesome shot - and your daughter has a very symetrical face and nice round eyes and straight teeth and smile. She takes great photos. The dude she is marrying has a tendency to have a lazy smile on the right side.
4) I like it but there is a strong shadow coming across her face at the eye
5) again I like and he actually has decided to not have that lazy smile. This is his best shot of the bunch
6) another great shot. Only thing I can add is that she has her face pointing in the direction you told them to look and he only pointed his eyes, so he appears distracted by something in that direction while she is looking at it.
8) It might just be my monitor but his face appears a bit out of focus.
how many egagement shots has your daughter had. this is like 6 of 7 now
Thanks. I appreciate all feedback. Actually I've not been in "this" business for very long so I'm a noob to this kind of work. Most of my work has been in commercial photography or video production.
This is only the second time she's done engagement shots.
I think he needs a wardrobe change for a couple shots too.
Yeah but that wasn't going to happen.