GUN Eotech vs Aimpoint?

Market Garden

This will be an interesting thread. I forsee much sackriding.

I've used both Aimpoints and EOTechs, and I bought an EOTech. The Aimpoint is nice, and there's nothing wrong with it, but I like the EOTech more. The tubular design of the Aimpoint makes looking through it more like looking through a scope while the EOTech's design really makes it look like you're looking through a floating piece of glass. It's not terribly noticeable in bright light, but in lower levels of light you get a better view through the EOTech. I also like the idea of the 65MOA circle and 1MOA dot for both fast target acquisition and more precise shooting, with the Aimpoint you're stuck with a "one size fits all" dot. The Aimpoint has better battery life, but I don't ever think a 1000 hour battery life with the EOTech is going to be a real problem. I'm sure I can come up with more if I really think, but this is just off the top of my head. They're both really good sights, I just prefer the EOTech.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
I think the Aimpoint is kinda like looking through an ACOG.

Aimpoint claims an 80k battery hour life but most batteries dont have a shelf life that long. And is it really that hard to carry 4aa batteries with the EoTech?

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
Personally I prefer Aimpoints, but both are great sights. I do like Eotechs's circle with a dot over Aimpoints single red dot though. Honestly it just comes down to personal preference. If you have the chance try both of them out and find which one you like.

If you're looking for a super leightweight setup check out Aimpoint's T-1 optic. Everything the M2/M3/M4 series has but super small/lightweight.

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
I think I'm sold on the yar route for going a 1-4x scope. I thought about an eotech or aimpoint for the longest time but after playing with them some and getting more time shooting at 100 yard or more I just don't get much enjoyment from them. Tight accurately placed groups is more fun than hitting a chest sized target.

TS
TS

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
fuck it just bought an Eotech 512 for $349 minus the live search 30% cashback which makes it $244.30 shipped

Cheapest new in box aimpoint I could find was $429

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
I think I'm sold on the yar route for going a 1-4x scope. I thought about an eotech or aimpoint for the longest time but after playing with them some and getting more time shooting at 100 yard or more I just don't get much enjoyment from them. Tight accurately placed groups is more fun than hitting a chest sized target.
Recommendations on good 1-4x scopes? I'm just seeing a bunch of 1x optics...:dunno:

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
Trijicon accupoint TR21R

TR-21R002.JPG

Trijicon TR21R $500 shipped (firm, no trades). One of the most popular scopes for 3 gun competition. At 1.25 magnification it is as fast as a red dot sight for close range targets. Cranked up to 4x it is enough magnification for 400 yard targets. Very fast and versatile scope.
Retails $699. link to manufacturer's site... trijicon-inc.com/User/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=104&back_row=0&categoryID=5
I'm in Long Beach CA. first person to email [email protected] gets it.

I'll sell to a OT'er for $450 shipped

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
depends on what you're looking for.

How about an Eotech, 512 or 511, all I saw for eotech was 2% cashback. Not I can find them cheaper than those prices elsewhere on the internet (and I don't have to sign up for paypal.) now a 30% one if I could find such a thing, might talk me into buying one even if I don't have the right setup for it right now.

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
That would be an excellent deal on a great AR optic if anyone needs one......

Wonder if you put it in an Ebay auction with the buy it now, could someone get 30% off that too? Or is that not how it works?

TS
TS

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
[DWI];105706587 said:
How about an Eotech, 512 or 511, all I saw for eotech was 2% cashback. Not I can find them cheaper than those prices elsewhere on the internet (and I don't have to sign up for paypal.) now a 30% one if I could find such a thing, might talk me into buying one even if I don't have the right setup for it right now.

I just Live searched for EOTECH 512 and this one shows that it's eligible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EOTECH-512-A65-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Item you're buying:
s.gif
EOTECH 512.A65 REV. F OPTIC NEW IN BOX
s.gif
s.gif
Buy It Now price: US $349.00
s.gif
s.gif
Sales Tax: 8.500% (only in AZ) Shipping and handling: US $9.00 -- Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service.
s.gif
Shipping insurance: US $5.55(Optional) Payment methods: PayPal, Money order/Cashiers check.
s.gif
s.gif
Safety Tip: Never use Western Union to pay on eBay - you can't confirm who picks it up. PayPal has up to $2,000 in buyer protection. See eligibility
s.gif
s.gif

pmoGleam30_150x23.gif
US $104.70Pay with PayPal, claim your cashback with Microsoft and get it in 60 days. See conditions

Initial E

Sep 18, 2003
Georgia
I've used both and owned both CompM2 and EoTech 551. I sorta prefer the EoTech but they are pretty equal in my book.

If you get an Aimpoint get the 2MOA dot. 4 MOA if you never plan on shooting anything past 50yrds.

EoTech is great. But have horrible battery life. AA or N doesnt matter. Some EoTechs have a battery drain problem. Of all the people I let shoot my gun, they liked the EoTech better.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan