Espresso Nerds : Breville Barista Express ($700) , Pro ($800), or Touch ( $1000) ?

Bitter Moose

OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Dallas
I got the express for my birthday a few months ago. Really happy with it; the screens seem useless on the slightly nicer models.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Do not spend $1000 on a fucking Breville. If you're going that expensive, get a legitimate espresso machine. Rancilio, Gaggia, and Bezzera all make good machines for < $1,000.

Edit: I had the Breville Bambino Plus, thought it was great, started not making espresso well, and I swapped it for a legit machine from Bezzera and the difference is night and day.

Formz

vr6dub can't cook chicken
Mar 13, 2003
🤠 .... 🐄 🏳️‍🌈
Do not spend $1000 on a fucking Breville. If you're going that expensive, get a legitimate espresso machine.
The key is ease of use. My wife does not, in any way, want to learn how to make proper espresso or foam milk. I’d spend $1500 on the touch of it kept me from having to teach her over and over.

TS
TS
phat🐄

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Only paid $700 for the touch. They run crazy sales over holidays.

however, be aware, breville has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Legendarily bad.
what issues have you had with the Touch? quality or durability?

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I like my gaggia classic :shrug: I think I am happier with it than I would have been with the barista express

I do have a breville smart grinder though and it is OK, I like it, but I also see how it is right on the cusp of being ok for espresso

Reactions: Lit Wick87

absolut87

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2003
I’ve heard a few bad things about the all-in-one units being prone to breaking but I’m sure if your good about maintaining it you’ll be ok

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026